How do I utilize the harmony controller

I hope this is the place for this question. I have a Amazon echo, and a Harmony companion remote/hub. I wanted to do some voice activation activities such as “watch Hopper”, “watch fire TV”, etc. I have been successful at installing and utilizing the HA bridge with the Echo and have been successful at activating the activities using the Harmony Controller and the Echo. This is totally awesome and works well.

I now want to implement a general controller for the VERA. I am using an android device and either intend to use Vera MIOS app or Imperihome app for the interface. However, I can’t seem to get either interface to work with the Harmony Controller app. The Imperihome does not see the harmony controller device at all. The VERA app sees the device, but you cannot do anything with the device.

1. So I assume Imperihome does not work with the harmony controller device and it appears the MIOS App does not as well.
  2. Given that the interfaces do not work, how do you utilize the controller? Or are users just using the harmony controller to detect states of the harmony devices/activities and then operating vera devices based on that.

Hopefully that makes sense.

[quote=“fitz2380, post:1, topic:191463”]I hope this is the place for this question. I have a Amazon echo, and a Harmony companion remote/hub. I wanted to do some voice activation activities such as “watch Hopper”, “watch fire TV”, etc. I have been successful at installing and utilizing the HA bridge with the Echo and have been successful at activating the activities using the Harmony Controller and the Echo. This is totally awesome and works well.

I now want to implement a general controller for the VERA. I am using an android device and either intend to use Vera MIOS app or Imperihome app for the interface. However, I can’t seem to get either interface to work with the Harmony Controller app. The Imperihome does not see the harmony controller device at all. The VERA app sees the device, but you cannot do anything with the device.

1. So I assume Imperihome does not work with the harmony controller device and it appears the MIOS App does not as well.
  2. Given that the interfaces do not work, how do you utilize the controller? Or are users just using the harmony controller to detect states of the harmony devices/activities and then operating vera devices based on that.

Hopefully that makes sense.[/quote]

Depends on what you want to do. I used Harmony plugin to turn off the tv when I left mostly.

I use the Echo bridge to link Echo to anything I have in vera, lights harmony and more. I also use that bridge to control lights from my harmony remote.

Hi,

None of the phone apps currently support the harmony app. They will have to add specific code to do so as for any plugin. I know ImperiHome is looking into it, but this is a complex plugin to support, so no idea when they will.

I have created some scenes for the most important activities and can start them from ImperiHome like that. That is the only way I know for plugins that are not directly supported by the phone apps.

Cheers Rene

Thanks for the responses. I understand now and thought I may have been going about this all wrong. Hopefully Imperihome will implement the interface as I am really wanting to use this for my controller in the house.

I really love the Echo interface and now trying to figure out what I will control with the Harmony Bridge other than the voice commands. So many possibilities.

To use it harmony from imperihome you just make a scene for each function as said above.

Then in imperi make a button to activate the scene.

To select a channel on satalite for example just create a manual vera scene that does the numbers with a second delay, ie immediately “3”, delay 1 second “0” delay 2 seconds “5”.

I created a whole page on imperi that was a remote for harmony this way and it worked every time.
In fact it was better than the Harmony app as that takes time to open and connect sometimes.

I ended up moving away from imperi to making my own ui in tasker, I’ve done the same again on it having buttons to run the vera scene for each harmony function