How do I query the AutoVera plugin in tasker for the day night plugin ?

I am using the day night plugin, and in tasker want to use that to determine if to run a scene or not. I have ticked the day night device in AutoVera to update. Then I have created a profile in tasker, which is where my question is. I have created the following profile, but it does not seem to update

AutoVera status update
Configuration Vera 3 (my Vera)
Device Day or Night (which is ticked to update)
Service Day time (that came up automatically)
New Value 0 I think there might be the problem as I had to enter something manually

It seems the service is only showing day time and not night time? I don’t have the plugin so not entirely sure.

1. something might not be right with only having service as day time.
  2. No variable selection from this screen?
  3. When you look at your UI for Vera, what variables/service or other details does this plugin provide?
  4. What is your task connected to the profile? Without a task a profile could become active but it won’t do anything, your task would be Plugin > AutoVera > Scenes > select your vera and scene.
  5. So the new value as 0 might not be right or there is a misconfiguration.

There is no variable selection for this device/plugin, and the only service available is day or night.
In my Vera UI, in the advanced section of the Day and Night plugin I have:

Variables
Target
Status
NightOffset
LastUpdate
DayOffset

The task connected to the profile is to run a Vera scene. It also sets a variable to 0 or 1 depending on if it is day or night, but that variable never changes so the profile never becomes active.

I trigger events in vera from tasker based on time of day but take a different approach. I get tasker to look at the time based on my phone and then use that input to work out when / if to fire the scene.

I use a silly workaround. I get the night day plugin to turn a multi switch to night, the multi switch I can query from autovera. Silly but it works.