How do I arm Honeywell/Ademco Vista system using PLEG

I’m having an issue trying to get my alarm system to arm using triggers and PLEG programming. The triggers/conditions work fine. I tested it by just having it turn on a light (success), but I seem to be missing something when trying to interface with the Ademco Vista Partition. I want to set Arm Mode to Away.

I have Action set to Immediate, Device is Ademco Vista Partition, and I have to use Advanced, because Control will not let me select Arm any of the 4 modes listed. It shows the current state, but that’s it. In Advanced, I have Device Action set to RequestArmMode from the pull down menu, and under Arguments I’ve tried a bunch of different methods. I’ve tried typing “Away” and “AWAY” and 2 (2 is the number on the keypad for away). I’ve also put my PINCode in the box under State.

Does anybody else have any issues with this? One thing I just noticed is that I only have one Partition in my alarm system, yet the serviceID:AlarmPartition is 2 (see attachments)

Not sure if this is your problem, but there is no such state as “Away”. I believe that the actual state is “Armed”. I know it says “Away” in the GUI but underneath it marks it as “Armed”.

My suggestion is to click on the “Control” button on the PLEG action in order to get a graphical representation of the device and then just click what you want rather than typing things in manually.

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:2, topic:191958”]Not sure if this is your problem, but there is no such state as “Away”. I believe that the actual state is “Armed”. I know it says “Away” in the GUI but underneath it marks it as “Armed”.

My suggestion is to click on the “Control” button on the PLEG action in order to get a graphical representation of the device and then just click what you want rather than typing things in manually.[/quote]

I’ll give that a shot, but in regards to clicking “Control”, that function isn’t working properly. I click “Away” and it doesn’t do anything. It only shows me the current status. Bug in the current version?

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:2, topic:191958”]Not sure if this is your problem, but there is no such state as “Away”. I believe that the actual state is “Armed”. I know it says “Away” in the GUI but underneath it marks it as “Armed”.

My suggestion is to click on the “Control” button on the PLEG action in order to get a graphical representation of the device and then just click what you want rather than typing things in manually.[/quote]

Andrew,
That did the trick. “Armed” is the variable I was missing. Now I’m wondering how you can do “Stay”… Not immediately important, but makes me wonder.

I think that one is just called Stay. You can find them all out by either checking the source code files for the plugin or by activating each alarm mode and then checking the “DetailedArmMode” variable for that partition (you may sometimes have to reload the vera page before checking to ensure this variable updates).