How did I lose all my data

I’ve been using a Veralite with UI5 and datamine (original version) for a few years now. Usually check something out in datamine once a week or so, so I know it’s usually working.

Today it wouldn’t load, and in UI5 I had an error message. It was something like “Datamine: startup lua failed”. Tried some resets and power cycles - nothing. Tried re-positioning my usb - nothing.

I took out the USB and looked at the files in my computer. The USB drive seems to work fine, but had NO files on it that looked like datamine content. Just some old ones that I had apparently left on there.

I tried running Recova (file undeleter). It found (and could successfully recover) files that I had deleted off teh drive about 4 years ago - but no datamine files.

Is it possible that my datamine data was being logged to the very itself? Up until today, I could see years worth of data.

In attempting to fix the issue, I uninstalled datamine and installed datamine 2. I got it working, and viewed the USB drive - now there is datamine files being created on it’s root.

Might my old graphs be still on the vera? Or did I lose them when I uninstalled teh app?

Thanks.

Ok. So it turns out that after all these years my dataMine data was getting logged to the vera itself. I got WinSCP installed and pulled all the data off the root of hte device. I then uninstalled all datamine apps and had to manually delete the /dataMine folder.

But I can’t get datamine working at all now - even a fresh install. With a fresh install I get the main datamine page, and I can add new items. But when I try to view their plot I just get a horizontal line with a very small value. For example I try to plot a dimmer lamp. I step the device from 0-100% slowly to generate some data, and when I view the plot in DataMine I just get a horizontal line at 2-3 or something. And when I zoom in (i.e. change the x-axis) the vertical line changes values significantly, but the data seems meaningless.

Can anyone help?