Hoover Wizard Washing Machine

Hi.

I recently bought a Hoover Wizard washing machine which is wifi enabled and has an app to view the status of the machine and change the programme etc. Having created a couple of Mios apps before I had a go at creating something to talk to the washing machine to report on:

• remaining time
  • washing programme
  • temperature
  • number of watts used (guestimated from the temperature and info in the specifications)

After installing the app reload your MiOS homepage and find the newly created device. Go to the advanced settings and enter your username (email address) and password for your Hoover Wizard account. You would have created these when you first set up your washing machine to work on wifi. Once complete reload Luup and you should get and update on the device showing what the status is.

There is also a simple web service available at http:///port_3480/data_request?id=lr_wmStatus which returns a statement about the washing machine status. I use this to hook up to the Android Tasker app so I can say

OK, Google. What is the status of the washing machine?
and it will respond
Your 40 degree Cotton wash will finish in 2 hours and 17 minutes

The app is currently awaiting approval in the app store.

Does anyone else out there have a Hoover Wizard appliance? Is this something of interest?

Sounds interesting, I got one of them a couple of weeks back and was planning on sniffing the comms to see if it was easy to reverse engineer. Looks like you saved me the job ;D

It’s still very much a work in progress so feel free to make some improvements. The app still hasn’t been approved in the app store yet, but please find attached the most recent source code if you want to have a play.

now available in the app store, here: MiOS Apps