Honeywell Tuxedo Touch is Here!!

[quote=“jimpapa, post:20, topic:170373”]Figured it out… Added as a secondary… Got T-Stat to work from itself, vera3, and Tux

Lights and door lock… 2 dimmers worked from Tux… Sometimes.

May play around more sometime. This would have made a killer combo if it worked.[/quote]

I have the same setup, started with Tuxedo added the Honeywell T-stat and liked it. Now I went ahead and got the Vera-lite with some Evolve switches and modules.

Question did you add the Tuxedo to the Vera as a secondary controller? Did the T-Stat need to be learned to Vera or did it just carry through when the Tuxedo was added? After the Tuxedo is the secondary controller do the lights I have added to the Vera show up on the Tuxedo?

I only Got the T-stat to work. All Z-Wave devices got sent from Vera to TUX but only T-Stat worked (in all directions even)

The lights showed up on TUX but did not control. Some did but very inconsistent… nothing labeled correctly… all generic names. I could have fixed that if it worked… but. No It really didn’t do what I wanted. Not really acting as a secondary.

Maybe someday with TUX firmware…

I am new to Vera but started with a tuxedo and only added a thermostat. I deleted the T-stat from the Tuxedo and made it a secondary controller. When I set it to discover and bring Vera close I get my devices but I see two secondary controllers. Should I hit the + on Vera or not?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I added the T-Stat to Vera3 Primary… all my Zwave devices are on Vera3

Added Tux as secondary… (switch it’s role from the touch screen)

Bring vera close to TUX and add it as a secondary.

My experience, T-Stat worked and updated on Vera AND TUX.

Lights… no go! Yale lock … did not update on TUX BUT… TUX has a problem with that in general… this was confirmed by Honeywell.

Still holding out for thins to work as a controller… would be a great combo.

Does anyone knows if the tuxedo can control a DSC alarm system?. I have it already working with VERA, but im planing to use the Tuxedo as a touch screen controller for all devices or scenes. I want Vera to by the primary controller because of the integration of some pluggings i had already working like WEMO or DSC.

Will the tuxedo works for it?

I’m going to have to guess NO… since it is a Honeywell product that is made for Honeywell Panels.

It’s just a Honeywell Keypad with basic Z-wave automation.

I just got a Vera3 and a new Tuxdeo Touch.
Can anyone give me some advice on how/what to setup between the two of these devices? What is the best way to do this, and what is recommended by the community.
I currently only have 1 Z-Wave device (a Yale door lock) but I am thinking about adding more once I understand this further.
Thanks in advance for the help–I’m new to this.
Chris

[quote=“jimpapa, post:20, topic:170373”]Figured it out… Added as a secondary… Got T-Stat to work from itself, vera3, and Tux

Lights and door lock… 2 dimmers worked from Tux… Sometimes.

May play around more sometime. This would have made a killer combo if it worked.[/quote]

I gave up, and removed it from the vera. It did not act like a controller for vera.
We’ll not completely like one would need. I may have another go.
If I could fire a scene… That would be cool… But it would have to be a trick lime a trigger for a virtual switch etc… Very complicated.

Do you have a vista panel also (I hope). If so a AD2USB is what you want .

This will connect you alarm to vera… But the TUX was disappointing for zwave with vera.

Also… I posted this someplace… Honeywell does not even let you use alarm sensors to fire off zwave scenes on the TUX. (That’s why I needed a vera years ago)

Any more recent experiences? I am thinking of getting a Tuxedo Touch, but it is a lot to spend if it doesn’t work well with my Vera 3.

thanks.

[quote=“jimpapa, post:28, topic:170373”]I gave up, and removed it from the vera. It did not act like a controller for vera.
We’ll not completely like one would need. I may have another go.
If I could fire a scene… That would be cool… But it would have to be a trick lime a trigger for a virtual switch etc… Very complicated.

Do you have a vista panel also (I hope). If so a AD2USB is what you want .

This will connect you alarm to vera… But the TUX was disappointing for zwave with vera.

Also… I posted this someplace… Honeywell does not even let you use alarm sensors to fire off zwave scenes on the TUX. (That’s why I needed a vera years ago)[/quote]

Thanks for testing this out. The TUX looks awesome but reading all your feedback I am going to go with AD2USB for my Safewatch 3000 EN aka Vista 20.

Has anyone tried making the Tux the Primary and the Vera the secondary? It seems to me that Vera would still operate the way you primarily wanted, but that Tux could handle the Alarm based scenes? Just a thought.

Is anyone still talking to Honeywell about this? Seems like a solid z-wave relationship would be very beneficial. I get that they don’t want to open there kimono from a security point of view, not knowing how solid the downstream security could be. This will be truly tricky.

I have been waiting for this also!!!

I would like an answer or to work with someone to get this figured out.

I am an alarm installer so I have some pretty good knowledge on the Tuxedo but very new to VERA - if the Tuxedo has wireless and Ethernet built in - shouldn’t they be able to talk to each other?

Also would like to understand which should be the primary zWave controller - the Tuxedo is very weak with zWave so I would assume it should be VERA but could use input.

This post has seen 22,000+ viewers - there must be some interest here.

I was able to get my Vera and tuxedo to operate together but the tuxedo did little more than allow me to set the temperature. Considering the thermostat and tuxedo were ten feet apart it wasn’t a huge feature. I own an alarm company and feel that although cute alarm panels lack the heavy lifting to be good controllers. Right now I am waiting for the new Google assistant thingy to what I can connect it to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Can you explain a bit on how you set your system up - Which is Primary zWave controller - Vera or Vista - etc.?

I am running the Tuxedo (TUXWIFI) as the primary and my Vera Plus as secondary. I recently bought an Aeotec MultiSensor 6 that reads temp, humidity, motion, UV, light and Vibration, but the Tuxedo lists it as an “unknown device”. It works well with the Vera Plus I have at home, showing in 6 different devices for each sensor.
My question is, how do I change to my Vera Plus as Primary and Tuxedo as secondary without losing the alarm sensors attached to the Tuxedo (which I got on the Vera by “Copy Z-wave network from primary controller”)?

I recently purchased the Vista 20p and the Tuxedo WiFi to replace my old panel. I was just told that I had to use an alarm company to use the software to control the panel (Total Connect). I do not want a monitoring company. I have several Vera Plus controllers and was going to marry it with the Tuxedo for the Z wave feature. But if i can’t see my hardwired zones and smoke on the Tuxedo without paying an alarm monitoring company then I might as well go straight Z-wave with remote contact sensors for my hard wired sensors and zones, or convert them all to wireless. Any options anybody can think of?

Does anyone know if its possible to have the tuxedo as a secondary controller and keep vera as the primary?
KJ

[quote=“kjp, post:38, topic:170373”]Does anyone know if its possible to have the tuxedo as a secondary controller and keep vera as the primary?
KJ[/quote]
Yes, you can have Tuxedo/VAM as secondary but then you’ll loose remote AlamNet scenes… So you need to keep Honeywell as primary for best results. It works well and seriously stable.

[quote=“JeffySmith, post:33, topic:170373”]I would like an answer or to work with someone to get this figured out.

I am an alarm installer so I have some pretty good knowledge on the Tuxedo but very new to VERA - if the Tuxedo has wireless and Ethernet built in - shouldn’t they be able to talk to each other?

Also would like to understand which should be the primary zWave controller - the Tuxedo is very weak with zWave so I would assume it should be VERA but could use input.

This post has seen 22,000+ viewers - there must be some interest here.[/quote]

Some straight answers to help here:

• Vera and Honeywell devices only have in common a ZWave life and no network inter-connection over TCP/IP which they use to phone home for independent remote access services.

• You want to have Tuxedo/VAM as primary to use AlarmNet services. You say “their zWave is weak” BUT they do a bang up job at acting quickly on Vista sensors “Fault” conditions to trigger your local scenes. Vera has NO access to Vista sec sensors unless you choose to breach the panel security with a 3rd party ECP bus interface that can expose all sensors. I did not go that route to keep Vista as stable and secure as it is. I did not want to introduce any non Ademco certified device in a close environment.

• There are other cleaver ways to interface Vista status into Vera ZWave world beyond what Tuxedo provides if you want to! You can build a binary signaling logic around 3 dummy zwave module or repurpose a ZWave thermostat as a bridge between Vista and Vera… just map Temps > Conditions" you decode using powerful PLEG logic you can build.