Honeywell Thermostat propblem

I have the WiFi Honeywell thermostat. I can cantroll the thermostat from my Vera but my Echo says Thermostat not responding. Any idea what could be wrong? All my other device are reponding through my Echo.

Thanks
Jim

[quote=“jbfoster, post:1, topic:196635”]I have the WiFi Honeywell thermostat. I can cantroll the thermostat from my Vera but my Echo says Thermostat not responding. Any idea what could be wrong? All my other device are reponding through my Echo.

Thanks
Jim[/quote]

I also have the wifi honeywell thermostat. I have it in vera, but find it to be unreliable.
so i did not add it to to alexa through the vera skill, instead I added the honeywell skill in alexa and that works for me.
perhaps give that a try.

[quote=“mvader, post:2, topic:196635”][quote=“jbfoster, post:1, topic:196635”]I have the WiFi Honeywell thermostat. I can cantroll the thermostat from my Vera but my Echo says Thermostat not responding. Any idea what could be wrong? All my other device are reponding through my Echo.

Thanks
Jim[/quote]

I also have the wifi honeywell thermostat. I have it in vera, but find it to be unreliable.
so i did not add it to to alexa through the vera skill, instead I added the honeywell skill in alexa and that works for me.
perhaps give that a try.[/quote]

+1
There is more functionality through the Honeywell skill.

I Enabled the Honeywell Skill. So far it’s working. Not sure all what camands are good though. I figured I can change the set temp and ask what the temp is. Is there any other commands that will work with the Skill?

Thanks
Jim

I either say set the temp or thermostat to a specific degree.
i’m pretty comfortable at 70 year round.
so i rarely change it from that temp.
I recently put in a high efficiency hvac system that runs 24/7 (the blower)
and spins up to capacity when it needs to heat or cool. but just having that system move air around all the time helped a ton.

[quote=“jbfoster, post:4, topic:196635”]I Enabled the Honeywell Skill. So far it’s working. Not sure all what camands are good though. I figured I can change the set temp and ask what the temp is. Is there any other commands that will work with the Skill?

Thanks
Jim[/quote]

The official skill notes state this:
The full list of commands includes:

• Alexa, set [group or thermostat name] to X degrees?
  • Alexa, raise [group or thermostat name] by X degrees?
  • Alexa, lower [group or thermostat name] by X degrees?
  • Alexa, what is the [group or thermostat name] set to??
  • Alexa, what is the [group or thermostat name] temperature??

I’ve done little with it beyond this.
Something else to try, these thermostats work with IFTTT and Yonami! I use IFTTT to trigger a temperature adjustment from my phone when I go to bed. Alexa accepts these triggers, too.