Honeywell Lyric (MIOS) - Fan Speed Control?

So I have a Honeywell D6 Pro Wifi thermostat and it works very well (better than a couple of other solutions I’ve tried), however one thing that I can’t figure out is how to control the fan speeds from Vera. The Honeywell app has them and they work great (see below).

It’s really simple, Low, Medium, High and Auto are the options. I’ve tried playing with all the options for the Stat via Reactor but I cant for the life of me figure out how to select these speeds from Vera.

The only fan options seem to be linked to the “fan swing” function (called fan cycle) and dont seem to do much.

Vera_Fan_modes

I have the same issues.

Not sure how much of this will be a help to you, but wanted to share anyway just in case…
If you use the Vera-Ezlo bridge then you may be able to control these using EZLogic

we have built a Thermostat control function that has these capabilities:

We also built a Dashboard (customizable dashboard) that gives you visual control as per below.(You can customize this to your liking btw)

So You can “Automate” and “Visualize” with EZLogic…

Happy to help with the process if you wish.

Looks like progress is being made with Ezlo - great news!

So, question, apart from the improvements to GUI and such, how are handling the actual calls to the thermostat? Currently, I have Mitsubishi mini-splits with RedLink support. Using an Internet connected RedLink Gateway, I have the ‘Honeywell WiFi Thermostats’ plugin installed, latest, with some patches by @rigpapa. This appears to be well documented at the following location: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=30125.0. Based upon my testing, the fan control modes are useless, and this may make sense as I also cant control this via the TCC app for the iPhone. Only the following parameters can be altered via the Reactor plugin:

• HVAC_UserOperatingMode1:SetModeTarget (ie, Off, HeatOn, CoolOn, etc.)
  • TemperatureSetpoint1:SetCurrentSetpoint (ie, 67, 69, etc.)

I tried a few permutations on the fan control options… my initial desire was to keep heating/cooling off and simply circulate air so that the temperature is normalized in the open space.

So, that said, without leveraging the existing TCC plugins, how is Ezlo handling the API calls to Honeywell’s servers? Would there be a new plugin? Is there native support? Any documentation on that?

1 Like

All Cloud integrations are provided by NuCAL to Ezlo.

As you can see “HoneyWell is already integrated”… I think by the month end, EZLogic will have the capability to start using NuCAL.

I was doing some reading, and looks like NuCAL is a 3rd party cloud service, would this be correct? Personally, I am trying to reduce dependency on the cloud, which is really a collection of servers owned by a 3rd party, since I live in a location with frequent inaccessibility to the Internet. Unless of course, all of this runs as a container locally on the Ezlo device?

Yes NuCAL is a third party cloud connectivity provider.

Our philosophy is to run your automation whatever can be done locally should be done locally.
we use NuCAL when you actually want to use “cloud services”.

That may make sense. Especially for devices like those by Ecobee, Honeywell, or Inkbird (Tuya based) which are ‘closed API’ and require using the cloud for automation. My only concern is of course cloud services SLAs and spreading out too thin with multi-vendor cloud dependencies. Previously, at least on Vera, there was a Plugin on the device locally that directly interacted with the appropriate 3rd party provider. So… if Ecobee was down, then perhaps you would still be able to control some heating element with Honeywell to ensure pipes dont freeze. However, sounds like with the upcoming Ezlo solution, there will be a dependency of 4 items - local Ezlo hub, Ezlo cloud, 3rd party NuCAL cloud, and of course the final endpoint 3rd party (ie, Ecobee). Previously, this dependency was only on 2 items - local Vera hub, and the final endpoint 3rd party (ie, Ecobee). Not sure if we arent adding too many dependencies which may result in more failures. Just a thought.

We do have a plugin capability and if something can be controller locally using a plugin, then there is nothing stopping writing a plugin to control it.