Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB

@mcvflorin,

Did the files get updated on the Trac page? :wink:

JOD.

*Edit. Thank you mcvflorin, 2.0 Beta is installed.

Comments:

1. Faulted zones do not automatically clear.
  2. I’m seeing two Faulted Zone messages. N/A and none. (see attached)
  3. Status is not updating on the partition.
  4. Get faulted zones is broken.
  5. During an alarm condition I was not able to reset (disarm) the panel through Vera.

Questions:
What does Clear Message do?
Can the Chime status be displayed on the Partition?
Can the Faulted Zone message display be changed to “None”?
Is it possible to add and delete codes from the partition?

JOD.

Thanks for the feedback!

This was explained on the Trac page:

Additional explanation: when you have an alarm, a message is displayed in the status box. This clears that message.

You mean on the dashboard? The reason I didn’t put the chime mode button on the dashboard is that I thought that not many use this feature.

N/A means that the list of faulted zones is not up to date. This is displayed only at the plugin startup, because it’s not possible to update that list without the PIN code.

You mean storing the user code so you don’t have to enter the PIN code every time? That would be a major security flaw, as everyone who got access to your dashboard would be able to configure your panel.

Will work on this.

Explained above.

Can you send me the logs when this happens? In my experience the status updating is very reliable, so I’m surprised to read that. Though if you have two or more partitions, the status will update only after the GOTO command is over (up to 1 minute).

I think I’ll remove this button. The situations when it actually works are very few (actually only one situation).

Hmm, why would this happen? The disarm command send this message:

[tt]*1[/tt]

[tt]*[/tt] is the GOTO command, and [tt]1[/tt] is the DISARM command. In theory, there’s nothing that could go wrong. Can you send me the logs when this happened?

Clear Message clears the error message in the status box (upper-right corner of the dashboard). Additional explanation: when you have an alarm, a message is displayed in the status box. This clears that message.
Understood, but there was no message displayed during the alarm condition, which is why I asked. ;D
Can the Chime status be displayed on the Partition? You mean on the dashboard? The reason I didn't put the chime mode button on the dashboard is that I thought that not many use this feature
That's fine. It does not need to be displayed on the dashboard, but just a way to view if chime is enabled or not. It could be on the Alarm Partition tab of the partition device..
Is it possible to add and delete codes from the partition? You mean storing the user code so you don't have to enter the PIN code every time? That would be a major security flaw, as everyone who got access to your dashboard would be able to configure your panel.
No, the ability to add a user pin, eg. a cleaning service, house sitter etc. The master password would still need to be entered, then the ability to add or delete additional/temporary user pins.

I’ll get you the logs this weekend.

JOD.

It is displayed. The button is green/active when chime mode is enabled. Doesn’t it work?

This looks easy enough, will do.

This looks easy enough, will do
Thank you.
It is displayed. The button is green/active when chime mode is enabled. Doesn't it work?
No. Maybe this is one and the same issue with my status not updating?

JOD.

Just been looking over the plug-in code and noticed something that may be an issue so I figured I would point it out and
make sure it was not an oversight.

getTargetPartitions() takes section #3 and grabs the hex byte #4 this would be the bits for keypads addressed
from 16-23. It seems as if an assumption has been made that each keypad is on its own partition but this may not be
the case. In fact a keypad is assigned a partition or could be assigned to all partitions. Also in Vista 128 or other panels
keypads can exist on other addresses but thats not as big a deal.

In order to get accurate partition message segregation it is necessary to configure your panel
to have a keypad enabled in each partition but it is not necessary to have an actual keypad installed at these
addresses. So for example with a vista 20P you could enable keypad 22 and 23 and tell the alarm that 22 is on partition #1
and the keypad at address 23 is on partition #2 then you could enable keypad at address 18 for your AD2USB

You then would need to tell the code that any message with the keypad mask bit set for address 22 must be a partition #1 message
and so on for any message with the address bit set for 23.

In other cases a user may have a real keypad setup on each partition and you just need to know what the address are and what
partition they are on provided they are not on both partitions or a global keypad.

I presume this is working for some because the conditions are correct that they have only one partition and one keypad.

I am still getting familiar with the code but so far I am very impressed with the design and the structure keep it up this is looking
very good so far. All the functions are in place they just need a little tweaking.

Re
Sean M

One more suggestion. I see that “" is sent every time a zone status is fetched. This is not a big deal but still takes up traffic on the ECP bus.
I would suggest this solution. Every message you parse if you see the text “Hit * for faults” that you send a "

This is from my AD2USBGUI zontracker module C# code

if(m_Message.Text.Contains("Hit * for faults")) {
                            QuantumFoam.SendKeys("*");
                    }

Re
Sean M

[quote=“mathewss, post:47, topic:168766”]getTargetPartitions() takes section #3 and grabs the hex byte #4 this would be the bits for keypads addressed
from 16-23. It seems as if an assumption has been made that each keypad is on its own partition but this may not be
the case. In fact a keypad is assigned a partition or could be assigned to all partitions. Also in Vista 128 or other panels
keypads can exist on other addresses but thats not as big a deal.[/quote]
Sean, Can a keypad occupy ANY address? Or does 16-23 cover all the possible except a few?
In my case, the keypad address is #31 (10SE panel), and probably why the status is not getting updated.
So a couple of thoughts.

@mcvflorin, If the plugin can’t be written to cover all possible addresses (if it can then this is a moot point) what about a tab on the partition device to where a user manually enters their keypad address(s)?

Or, would it also work to have users assign their AD2USB to 16-23 to fit the current code?
Unless that range of address’s wont work for some panels…

JOD.

[quote=“JOD, post:49, topic:168766”][quote=“mathewss, post:47, topic:168766”]getTargetPartitions() takes section #3 and grabs the hex byte #4 this would be the bits for keypads addressed
keypads can exist on other addresses but thats not as big a deal.[/quote]
Sean, Can a keypad occupy ANY address? Or does 16-23 cover all the possible except a few?
In my case, the keypad address is #31 (10SE panel), and probably why the status is not getting updated.
So a couple of thoughts.

@mcvflorin, If the plugin can’t be written to cover all possible addresses (if it can then this is a moot point) what about a tab on the partition device to where a user manually enters their keypad address(s)?

Or, would it also work to have users assign their AD2USB to 16-23 to fit the current code?
Unless that range of address’s wont work for some panels…

JOD.[/quote]

For most panels its fixed at 16-23 but we also have AUI keypads that can be at 1 and on advanced panels like the vista 128 I think a keypad can be on any address?

Re
Sean M

i’m having problems getting AD2USB to work properly with Vera2

Confirmed that AD2USB is working properly (via GUI keypad emulator)

I folllowed the installation directions on the wiki (uploaded files, created devices) I tried the workaround for serial port and tried to change it to 115200

Question 1) How do I verify that the serial baud rate is correctly set? For the device, do I select the device I created or the “Ademco Vista Partition 1” or both?

Question 2) The wiki instructions only say to fill in description + UpnpDevFilename field enter D_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml. Is it necessary to also fill in UpnpImplFilename (i.e .with I_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml)?

I noticed some type of NULL error and grepped out the 01 events from the LuaUPnp.log

01 09/04/11 16:14:10.543 Mongoose XXX-mg_stop1 0x79ab90 1 2 <0x400>
01 09/04/11 16:14:12.560 Mongoose XXX-mg_stop2 0x79ab90 2 2 <0x400>
01 09/04/11 16:14:12.561 Mongoose XXX-mg_stop3 0x79ab90 2 2 <0x400>
01 09/04/11 16:14:12.562 Mongoose XXX-mg_stop4 0x79ab90 8309592 2 <0x400>
01 09/04/11 16:14:14.954 UPnPAction_Send::ParseState can’t find name <0x400>
01 09/04/11 16:19:02.263 luup_io_write NULL port 0x756800 size 7 <0x5410>
root@MiOS_19024:/tmp/log/cmh#

Thanks in advance

Running Version 2.0 Beta

Question 1) How do I verify that the serial baud rate is correctly set? For the device, do I select the device I created or the "Ademco Vista Partition 1" or both?
You can go back to serial ports and double check it and change it if needed. Use the device you created.
Question 2) The wiki instructions only say to fill in description + UpnpDevFilename field enter D_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml. Is it necessary to also fill in UpnpImplFilename (i.e .with I_VistaAlarmPanel1.xml)?
You only need to use the D_xml.

JOD

JOD- Thank you for such quick reponse. It was very helpful to have confirmation about the right direction.
mcvflorin- Thank you for writing this plugin.

I am now able to arm/disarm my alarm from Vera dashboard.

Note: STATUS on the main dashboard is still blank, but it sounds like that has already been reported as an known issue.

To help others: I did not set the baud rate during initial device creation. Attempts to modify/save after the fact did not seem to take. It may be coincidence, but I finally got it to work by deleting both the alarm device and “Ademco Vista Partition 1” → starting over

1. Create Device (Mios Developers → Create Device)
  • fill in Description (with whatever you want descriptor you want)
  • fill in UpnpDevFileName file with “D_VistaAlarmPartition1.xml”
  • leave the UpnpImpleFileName field blank.
  1. Serial Port configuration
  • Set baud rate to 115200 (under Serial Port configuration tab)
  • for “Used by device”, select the device you created
  • Save

Note: I see the following error message in the logs. The code at line 147 seems to refer to status, so including it here in case it helps debug the missing status information.
01 09/04/11 18:16:20.980 LuaInterface::CallFunction-2 lu_incoming failed /etc/cmh-ludl/L_VistaAlarmPanel1.lua:147: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value) <0x4011>

Great to see a plugin that will support my Vista alarm panel–looks like I’ll be ordering a AD2USB shortly. Does this plugin support retrieving (and maybe even decoding) the event log from the panel?

@mathewss
Thanks for looking into this. In the first plugin version I got the partition number from the alpha part of the message, but that required the user to enable displaying of the partition number. I guess I’ll revert back to that way of getting the partition the message is addressed to. This would make the status updating faster, because the alpha message is unaffected by the GOTO command.

The reason I send a ‘*’ every time a zone status is fetched is to speed up cycling through the faulted zones. Removing this will be easy.

@danb35
This plugin doesn’t support retrieving the event log yet. I may add this in the future.

Anyone know the standard installer code on a 10SE? I have had mine for 11 years and can’t seem to find the paper work on it.

See if these help.

http://www.homekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/security-alarms/1752/Ademco-Vista-10SE-lost-master-code

http://library.ademconet.com/ademco_group_user/FaqMain.asp?objid=12740466#_Toc16995561

JOD.

Thanks JOD. I am getting message through putty now.

No it does not. Screen shot below.

I've been working on this plugin the last few days and tomorrow, or maybe the day after I should have a final version.
Sounds good.
It should be possible to enable or disable the Chime feature, but I got to implement it first.
Sounds good.

Thank you.
JOD.[/quote]

FYI - I can second the plugin does not show the status for the Vista 10SE correctly. I have the updated firmware from NuTech. I can arm, stay and disarm through Vera but no status is displayed.

50 09/09/11 12:33:57.517 luup_log:128: (processIncoming) Section 1: 10000 00100000000---- <0x4011>
50 09/09/11 12:33:57.518 luup_log:128: (processIncoming) Section 2: 002 < 0x4011>
50 09/09/11 12:33:57.519 luup_log:128: (processIncoming) Section 3: f7000 0008002001c08000000000000 <0x4011>
50 09/09/11 12:33:57.520 luup_log:128: (processIncoming) Section 4: D ISARMED READY TO ARM <0x4011>
50 09/09/11 12:33:57.522 luup_log:128: (getStatusFlags) Active flags: REA DY <0x4011>
50 09/09/11 12:33:57.523 luup_log:128: (processIncoming) Unhandled messag e. <0x4011>
50 09/09/11 12:34:08.672 luup_log:128: (incoming) lul_data=‘[100000010000 0000----],002,[f70000008002001c08000000000000],"DISARMED READY TO ARM "’ <0x4011>

If anyone with an SE panel and some patience and time could please test the latest beta 22 I would appreciate it. I had someone with an SE variant I had not seen before with some issues that I was able to fix with a small adjustment to the timing. I need to see if this change adversely effects other SE users. This may effect your system and require me to request further timing data from your panel so please do not do this unless you have the time and can be down for a day.

Re
Sean M