Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB

[quote=“JOD, post:16, topic:168766”]!VER:00000581,V2.2a.2,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;PE;RE;AU

No issues logging in with putty and changing the keypad address from the default (18) to my (31), it then came alive.

[000000010000--------],001,[f70000008001000008000000000000],"FAULT 01 ZONE 01 " [100000010000--------],001,[f70000008001001c08000000000000],"****DISARMED**** READY TO ARM " [001103010000--------],001,[f70000008001038c08000000000000],"ARMED ***STAY***You may exit now" [100100010000--------],001,[f70000008001001c08000000000000],"****DISARMED**** READY TO ARM "
But no joy with Vera.
Do I need to change the firmware?

JOD.[/quote]

Yes you do. The version you have will receive SE panel messages but was unable to send “*” or other keypad commands to the
alarm. You need V2.2a.3

If you already have a Long range radio device make sure after you upgrade the firmware that the LRR emulator is turned off in the AD2USB config.
If you dont have one then you can turn it on.

If you want to get LRR messages on your panel you can enable the LRR device in programming mode on your panel via *29 and entering #15
You then need to turn on all reports by entering a 1 for fields *59 - *76

You will now see all LRR messages arm/disarm and the user who did it as well as bypass messages and all alarms.

Not many people still have the SE panels so if you do have any feedback please let me know so I can improve the support for it.

Re
Sean M

Ok, good to go with the firmware upload. !Ademco Keypad Emulator V2.2a.3

It wasn’t fun doing it all over a VPN. Now I have to wait to get home to swap the USB cable over to Vera to see if it works.

I’ll post the results later tonight.
Thanks again for the help.

JOD.

I’m on an SE panel too. Works fantastic. The only thing that’s lacking is that I can’t use EXP support because AD2USB can’t be configured for address 1. This makes wired sensors extremely slow to detect when I have lots of faults (windows open).

I could switch to a 20p board but I’m hoping Sean will update the firmware eventually, since my SE otherwise does everything I need.

I’ll be thrilled if I can enter a code at my Schlage lock and be able to arm or disarm the alarm.

Let me ask you, I programmed the AD2USB to use the same address as my current keypad (31) is that OK or should it be at it’s own address?

JOD.

Heh, I was thinking of doing the same with the schlage.

You should have it set at address 31. Address 31 is a special address that means “non-addressable”. SE panels appear to “broadcast” to all keypads instead of having individual conversations with them.

Yay! and it seems scene control is possible to do that.
I set up 3 scenes. Disarm (1 beep). Arm Away (2 beeps) & Arm Stay (3 beeps)

There is an issue though, displays that I have a faulted zone when it’s showing clear and “Ready” on the keypad.
Also, no status on the GUI.

Non addressable works for me, I was in the process of adding another keypad so that saves me the programming.

JOD.

I haven’t tried the latest, but I saw the same behavior of the current plugin not clearing the faulted zones when they stop faulting.

“Ready” (nothing faulted) should be easy to spot, but it’s more difficult to figure out when certain zones stop faulting. You have to set a time out for each zone … if the fault message isn’t seen in a certain period of time, clear it.

Bypassing the GUI zone faults, arming and then disarming clears the GUI zone faults.

Arming the system and then tripping a zone did not show as a faulted zone in the GUI.

Is it or will it be possible to scene control the bypassing of a zone?
Example, I have sensors on my overhead garage doors which are on the instant zone, great for an Arm Stay, but not for returning after an Arm Away.

Suggestion. When there are no faulted zones just have it say “None” ?

JOD.

[quote=“djrobx, post:23, topic:168766”]I’m on an SE panel too. Works fantastic. The only thing that’s lacking is that I can’t use EXP support because AD2USB can’t be configured for address 1. This makes wired sensors extremely slow to detect when I have lots of faults (windows open).

I could switch to a 20p board but I’m hoping Sean will update the firmware eventually, since my SE otherwise does everything I need. [/quote]

I need to confirm this. Please upload the 2.2a.3 i did change some stuff last week and kept the same version # i know my bad but I will say I jumped the gun on the release. It “Should” show expander messages. You cant emulate an expander but you should 100% see !EXP and !RFX messages on the SE panels now.

Re
Sean M

Thanks Sean,

Unfortunately I don’t have a real expander, I’d need the emulation.

The !RFX messages have been working great.

[quote=“djrobx, post:30, topic:168766”]Thanks Sean,

Unfortunately I don’t have a real expander, I’d need the emulation.

The !RFX messages have been working great.[/quote]

Refresh my memory this would be on address 1 for the 20SE? or 2? Maybe I can hard code a version for now
for you and others.

My 10se needs 1. Maybe hack 12-16 to be 1-4 incase 20se is different? Whatever’s easiest. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming! I noticed the problem with the plugin not updating the zones’ status correctly and will fix it ASAP. Unfortunately I have some high-priority tasks this week and I cannot work on the plugin.

Are the 1.0 Beta files listed on code.mios the same files as the 1.0 Alpha?

JOD.

Yes, I just forgot to change the version.

Feature request.
To see the panel state. “Armed” “Disarmed” “Stay” etc.

Is it possible to enable or disable the Chime feature? *Edit. within the plugin as a feature request.

JOD.

Most things you can do from a keypad can be done from ad2usb.

You should be able to see the partitions’ arming status with the plugin version you have. I’ve been working on this plugin the last few days and tomorrow, or maybe the day after I should have a final version.

It should be possible to enable or disable the Chime feature, but I got to implement it first.

No it does not. Screen shot below.

I've been working on this plugin the last few days and tomorrow, or maybe the day after I should have a final version.
Sounds good.
It should be possible to enable or disable the Chime feature, but I got to implement it first.
Sounds good.

Thank you.
JOD.

I “released” the latest plugin version 2.0 Beta, though I haven’t tested it thoroughly, so if you encounter any issues, please let me know. As usual, the links on the Trac page point to the latest version.

Release notes:

• Enable/disable chime mode. (as requested by JOD)
  • Correctly update the faulted and bypassed zones list.
  • Use the flags in the first message section for determining the arming status. (more reliable, requires AD2USB firmware 2.2a.3)
  • Other improvements/fixes.

I will make the documentation tomorrow to explain some of the inner workings and compromises.

Update: I updated the Trac page with the complete documentation and links (thanks JOD).