Honeywell 748 (Siren options)

Currently running a Vista20p with 24 zones (via 2 4219’s) and an EVL-4. I’m looking for a flexible solution as far as controlling the overall siren and it’s operation within the Ademco plugin.
My siren (Honeywell 748] is mounted in the eaves just above the front door (pointing down):

Option [1]:
Wire the siren directly to the main board.

Option [2]:
Wire the siren directly to a MimoLite (running on UPS backup) and control using a Lua script or scripts.

Option [3]:
Yeah, you didn’t think of this option so I’m going to share.

Since I’m fairly new to the plugin and it’s features, I was hoping for the ability to run a silent alarm and use scenes to enable/disable the siren depending on how the breach was performed or the situation. Just looking for the most flexible solution. I’d also setup the scenes for accessibility within Homewave.

Appreciate any insight and experiences…

Short answer: You can’t control the siren connected to a Vista alarm panel from the plugin.

Longer answer:

The EVL2DS/3/4 emulates a keypad. It is not possible to trigger the panel into alarm from a keypad with a single keypress (combination keypresses and held keys are not supported by the EVL modules, so panics programmed to the lettered keys can not be triggered by the module)

For option 2 - not really related to the plugin…

For option 3 - yes, it was thought of… The EVL modules, being a keypad emulator, do not distinguish between an alarm and a silent alarm. It gets an indication of either being in alarm or not in alarm. However, the module does report CID events (the events that would be sent to a central station), and they do distinguish between different types of alarms. You can use a specific CID event to trigger a scene under a variety of different panel conditions.

An additional option… You can use a Z-Wave siren… The plugin has an option to automatically control a Z-Wave siren without the need to program scenes. If you use a Fortrezz siren (which has a strobe as well as a siren), it will use the strobe alone to indicate trouble conditions.

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you…

Short answer: You can’t control the siren connected to a Vista alarm panel from the plugin.

Longer answer:

The EVL2DS/3/4 emulates a keypad. It is not possible to trigger the panel into alarm from a keypad with a single keypress (combination keypresses and held keys are not supported by the EVL modules, so panics programmed to the lettered keys can not be triggered by the module)

For option 2 - not really related to the plugin…

For option 3 - yes, it was thought of… The EVL modules, being a keypad emulator, do not distinguish between an alarm and a silent alarm. It gets an indication of either being in alarm or not in alarm. However, the module does report CID events (the events that would be sent to a central station), and they do distinguish between different types of alarms. You can use a specific CID event to trigger a scene under a variety of different panel conditions.

An additional option… You can use a Z-Wave siren… The plugin has an option to automatically control a Z-Wave siren without the need to program scenes. If you use a Fortrezz siren (which has a strobe as well as a siren), it will use the strobe alone to indicate trouble conditions.[/quote]