Honewell Z-wave thermostat go up by 1 degree

I have a couple Honeywell Z-wave Thermostat and it generally works with my VeraPlus and its mobile app.

The little “issue” I have is: when setting temperature, the thermostat goes up and down by 1 degree, while the Vera web UI and the mobile app allow going up by 0.5 degrees. So what happens is whenever I set from, say 70 → 70.5, the mobile app can get confused so sometimes I have to click it twice “real fast” hoping that it will hop from 70 → 71 right away…

Anyone having similar issue and any recommendations? I was thinking either:

1. Configure the honeywell thermostat to be able to go up and down by 0.5.
  2. Configure VeraPlus honeywell device to go up and down by 1 when clicking on the toggle.

Thanks!

I use VeraMate and it allows you to scroll to the target temperature and it sends the new target to the thermostat.

[quote=“jeff3lo”]I have a couple Honeywell Z-wave Thermostat and it generally works with my VeraPlus and its mobile app.

The little “issue” I have is: when setting temperature, the thermostat goes up and down by 1 degree, while the Vera web UI and the mobile app allow going up by 0.5 degrees. So what happens is whenever I set from, say 70 → 70.5, the mobile app can get confused so sometimes I have to click it twice “real fast” hoping that it will hop from 70 → 71 right away…

Anyone having similar issue and any recommendations? I was thinking either:

1. Configure the honeywell thermostat to be able to go up and down by 0.5.
  2. Configure VeraPlus honeywell device to go up and down by 1 when clicking on the toggle.

Thanks![/quote]
Same exact problem it’s real funky when trying to set it via the Vera app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Imperihome on my androids and they step in 1? increments.

Interestingly, I have a Veraplus with the current UI7 firmware. The device will step in 1/2 ? increments, but if i change from 69.0 to 69.5 the thermostat goes from 69 to 70 and a few minutes later the UI changes to 70.0. So at least in my setup, nothing gets confused, except perhaps me :slight_smile:

@JohnRob: Haha, in my case, I did wonder if it’s a “user error” (aka me). But Apple has spoiled us with this thing called UX right… If user is confused, it’s always the app’s usability issue… ;D

Kidding aside, I’m hoping the Thermostat device can “automagically” detect if the actual thermostat device can support going up by 1 degree (like Honeywell) or by 0.5 degree (like Nest) and then adjust the increment interval accordingly.

Alternatively, if there is a variable exposed in the setting that we can set / overwrite the increment interval, that will work for me as well.

Hello i have z wave thermostat connected to vera hub.
It does not work well.Not sure
I was not able to set thermostat temperature from vera App.
Any helpb is appreciated