HomeWave is turning on all my lights.

I am a new Vera Lite owner, and just purchased HomeWave. Whenever I start HomeWave on either the iPhone or iPad, all of my lights come on. If I turn them off, they will soon turn back on again. These are standard Jasco 45602W modules (Device Type urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableLight:1), and all 3 are exhibiting the same behavior. If I force kill the app, this behavior stops. I am on UI6, 1.6.641. Please help!

Joe

Strange… HomeWave never sends commands to turn devices on or off without a button being pressed in the app. Can you run HomeWave with logging enabled please, and send me the log? (See here: http://www.intvelt.com/wordpress/submitting-a-log/ )

Also check your Vera’s settings in HomeWave and make sure the UI5 option is turned off.

Also, please try these URLs from your browser: http://x.x.x.x:3480/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=json and http://x.x.x.x:3480/data_request?id=lu_status&output_format=json where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your Vera. This is the call that HomeWave sends to Vera to request the latest status. When you try the URLs, check if the lights come on or not.

edit: use lu_status instead of lu_stats2 when testing

I’ve just sent the logs.

Neither URL affected any device, they just returned a lot of JSON status stuff.

Direct to Vera, Ignore MIOS IP setting, and UI5 Firmware are all OFF.

When I tried the app just now, nothing happened until I went into the control screen, then all 3 lights immediately came on. Roughly every 30 seconds, the lights toggle off and on again until I hit the home button and exit the control screen.

I checked the logs, nothing unusual is going on there.

A thought: have you configured your lights to turn on when you are viewing your camera? HomeWave by default requests camera images with any associated lights turned on, and if you switch to the control screen with the camera view, the lights will be turned on as a result.

[quote=“intveltr, post:4, topic:181395”]I checked the logs, nothing unusual is going on there.

A thought: have you configured your lights to turn on when you are viewing your camera? HomeWave by default requests camera images with any associated lights turned on, and if you switch to the control screen with the camera view, the lights will be turned on as a result.[/quote]

Nope, and when I view the cameras in this room (there are two) with any other app, the lights do not even come on, let alone turn on and off endlessly. I literally haven’t even programmed anything to trigger anything else at this point, I’m still just trying to get to the point of having everything installed and controllable before I get more exotic.

OK, I figured it out. It was a weird Vera issue.

Vera decided on its own to activate those settings on one of my cameras. What’s worse, I couldn’t deselect them and save the config from the Vera console, it just reset them again. I had to delete and re-add the device. So far everything seems to be working properly, I’ll let you know if any further weirdness occurs…

Good to hear.

If I recall correctly, turning on those lights is optional when requesting a camera image. If it is, I will add it as a configurable option to the camera control