HomeSeer HS-FLS100+ Z-Wave Plus Outdoor Floodlight Sensor

These params are in the Homeseer HS-FLS100 Gen2 unit, which appears to be heavily based on the Everspring light (probably the same electronics). Here is the manual: https://homeseer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/HS-FLS100-G2-Manual.pdf. It explicitly states that the LUX setting is overridden but not the PIR setting. Strange, right?

Here are the other reactor options:

Definitely mentioned in my post that I have 2 of the Homeseer units. It is very similar to the Everspring unit but adds the temp sensor and all of the info you posted for the Everspring unit was relevant. I only had to apply the Motion Sensor attributes to the Generic created object so that I could get the sensor related variables to show up… I just had to manually add the Armed variable. Apologies for any confusion.

Try the “Set Variable” option in that drop down menu then.

There are a few threads about the HomeSeer HS-FLS100 device, this is one of them here.

Please ask your questions about its parameter settings on that thread not here. And I will answer them if I can.

And if you have any further Reactor questions please ask them on that other Reactor thread you started.

@polskikrol

I’ve move our conversation to this HomeSeer HS-FLS100 thread. If you still have any questions about the Params just ask here now.

Thanks

@polskikrol

Parameter setting number 2 is for the LUX threshold. So if the LUX light level falls below this value then the light will be turned on if motion is detected.

“This setting overwrites the LUX level set by the LUX knob”.

Parameter number 1 “PIR Trigger of Period”.

This looks like the amount of time the Light will stay on for, so if you set 300 seconds it should stay on for 5 minutes.

And yes it is strange it also does not state that this parameter setting will overwrite the Time knob also.

On the Everspring flood light unit parameter number 1 definitely overwrites what ever the Time knob is set as.

Parameter number 5 I belive is OK at the default of value 1.

Parameter number 6 you currently have set with a value of 0 which is default. Which also seems to be correct to me.

Can you post a screen shot of your current parameter settings under “Device Options”.

On my Everspring Flood light I changed the Generic IO device (Parent device) with the On/Off buttons on it, to a Binary Light device not a motion sensor device.

I created myself an additional virtual motion sensor device and linked the tripped variable of the parent device to the tripped variable of the virtual motion sensor device, via some Lua code in the Lua startup.

Or as you said if you don’t want to use that code in LUA startup you can probably do it in Reactor rules instead.

Your trigger would be that the tripped variable on the parent device has changed to a value of 1 and your action would be to set the tripped variable on the virtual motion sensor to 1.

And you would need to do the reverse also, so when the parent device tripped variable changes back to 0 then you’d need an action to set the tripped variable on the virtual motion sensor device to 0 also.

Here is how I setup my device options:

Ended up finishing my testing last night early as it was raining here. Will have to try setting the dial back to 8 seconds and seeing if param 1 is honored. Of course, the LUX is now at 900, so need to tweak the param 2 to 900 to force it to turn on in the daytime for the testing.

1 Like