Hikvision EziviewCCTV: Vera & Motion Detection

So I’ve peered over the forums and searched the interwebs and I’ve given up at this point. Someone please help.

This is the camera I bought:

The biggest frustration I’ve had trying to install this is that you can’t get past the “Test” phase of installing a camera and then subsequently return to to the advanced settings to tweak the values.

I have tried the Hikvision and Blue Iris plug-ins. The Blue Iris plug-in will show the jpeg/mpeg image, but any additional configuration tweaks I try resets the variables and I’m back to square one and in most cases cannot recover from this state.

I have also tried different manual installations via the Dev apps section and it doesn’t allow for me anywhere to update the camera URL so it ends up being useless.

Most importantly, I need to be able to ‘detect motion’ when away and send me a notification from the vera. I’m scared to buy more cameras if this is effectively a Hikvision ONVIF camera that does have an mpeg stream and can’t get it to work :frowning:

HELP!

[quote=“electricessence, post:1, topic:196656”]So I’ve peered over the forums and searched the interwebs and I’ve given up at this point. Someone please help.

This is the camera I bought:

The biggest frustration I’ve had trying to install this is that you can’t get past the “Test” phase of installing a camera and then subsequently return to to the advanced settings to tweak the values.

I have tried the Hikvision and Blue Iris plug-ins. The Blue Iris plug-in will show the jpeg/mpeg image, but any additional configuration tweaks I try resets the variables and I’m back to square one and in most cases cannot recover from this state.

I have also tried different manual installations via the Dev apps section and it doesn’t allow for me anywhere to update the camera URL so it ends up being useless.

Most importantly, I need to be able to ‘detect motion’ when away and send me a notification from the vera. I’m scared to buy more cameras if this is effectively a Hikvision ONVIF camera that does have an mpeg stream and can’t get it to work :frowning:

HELP![/quote]

Is this some unbranded Hikvision camera? I don’t see the name on the camera or in the amazon link you pasted.

Are you running a blueiris server?

Motion detection is made from Blueiris server and sent as an http command to a Vera virtual motion. Blueiris plugin will do the same. The Hikvision cameras I have can not send a http command directly to Vera on motion.

Image showing in Vera is another issue and not one that I ever used. Vera and it’s servers is not the best way to view a live stream from a 4MP camera and it has no way of watching previous recordings.

Interesting… From everything I’ve read, this IS a Hikvision camera with the name “EziviewCCTV”.
The URLs seem to be the same.

So what you are saying is, that motion detection can’t be done with these cameras directly?

Is there a better camera for motion detection? Or should I just have a z-wave motion detector instead?

[quote=“electricessence, post:3, topic:196656”]Interesting… From everything I’ve read, this IS a Hikvision camera with the name “EziviewCCTV”.
The URLs seem to be the same.

So what you are saying is, that motion detection can’t be done with these cameras directly?

Is there a better camera for motion detection? Or should I just have a z-wave motion detector instead?[/quote]

Where did you read this?

Here is hikvisions website
http://www.hikvision.com/us/products_10531.html

This maybe a knock off or same hardware with a different name on it but I see nothing on hikvisions website with “EziviewCCTV” name and all my Hikvisions have there name clearly labeled on them. Even the amazon site or listing doesn’t mention “hikvision”. So I can’t confirm or deny who makes that camera but it doesn’t appear to be an official Hikvision from what I can see. Not saying this is a bad camera (may even be made int he same factory as the hikvisions, I don;t know) but something screams on Hikvision for all the reasons I stated.

No. Motion detection can not be directly linked to vera. The camera has motion detection and recording options in it, but it has no way of sending that info to VERA directly. It live streams a script that Hikvision DVR scans for motion detection and Blueiris can also do this too. But Vera can not and needs a camera that can send an Http command when this happens. Blueiris can play this middle man as it can read the camera and can send Vera an http when it sees motion.

Vera is not a DVR or video recorder. Most people use blueiris to handle the cameras and tie to vera. You said you tried the blueiris plugin, but mention nothing on the actual blueiris Server.

Motion detection outdoors is very hard. Cameras can be used and I have mixed sucess on them. Trees can be blocked out but shadows change threw the day and it can a problem if you trying to block out a shadow that at certain times of the is right where you trying to watch for motion. At night I have no sucess as spider webs, car headlights from far away can trip them.

Z-wave motions are notorious for false alerts outdoor and I think only one even says it can be used outdoors. All z-wave motions are single detection pir sensors which don’t work well outdoors due to wind, and air temp differences.

Real outdoor motions (made for alarms) all use duel detection and most are dual technology sensor. A combo of microwave and PIR where both sensors must trip during the same time to actually send an alert.

Read:
http://www.smarthome.com/sc-using-motion-sensors-outdoors
and
this is a good one further down on the different types

It’s almost certainly HikVision or a rebrand.
I got a similar Eziview camera set up and it works with my synology by calling it a HikVision. Just type HikVision Eziview, it comes up everywhere.

So what cameras support motion detection on Vera? :frowning:

[quote=“electricessence, post:5, topic:196656”]It’s almost certainly HikVision or a rebrand.
I got a similar Eziview camera set up and it works with my synology by calling it a HikVision. Just type HikVision Eziview, it comes up everywhere.

So what cameras support motion detection on Vera? :([/quote]

Just a note, if you are using Synology Surveillance Station, there are apparently ways to have the Synology send the http to Vera for motion detection. Search here, and you will find the Synology Surveillance Station plugin (which I have not used, seems primitive), and another method where the built-in Synology notifications (SMS I think) are used to send the http instead. I do NOT use either method, but I wanted to point out it might be possible…

I have tried that and not sure what you consider everywhere. But I find nothing showing Eziview is a model a brand, a store or a website. I’m not sure what Eziview is. Hikvision doesn’t show that name on any of there websites. Some amazon sales say Eziview like it’s a brand of camera but even then i con’t find anything else saying its a brand. I found no website showing that brand or camera.

I do find a aliexpress “Eziview store”

https://eziview.aliexpress.com/store/124285

I find no youtube channels with clear results either. I found this one that says hes review an EZIVIEW but the name on the box is “HISECU” not sure if you could argue that its also a hikvision camera or not.

The eziview I found on ebay mention nothing of Hikvision and show a model number of LYSB01H02SPWK which is not a hikvision model number. Searching for that model number only comes up with more ebay and amazon links. Nothing showing a manufactures website, warranty, place to call for returns or warranty.

Again I think this brand has nothing to do with real Hikvisions.

EZ-View is a branding that Everfocus cameras use for their server management and NVR viewer. Everfocus is not Hikvision

as for Eziview? Never heard of it until now. Looking at the cameras on aliexpress I can really place them as being another manufacturers… sorry