Help with Tivo Telnet Plugin

Just to highlight what @Estoecker explained, please find attached some screen captures.

You should be able to get to the TiVo/Play/Pause/LiveTV commands from the scene editor directly.

Got it! Thanks so much guys!

This Plug-in is quite handy thanks… it will form the basis of controling my (yet to be set up) streamed outdoor entertainment system…

I’ve noticed that some of the button presses can be slow to respond - It’s probably because My tivo is linked to router via wifi, then vera to router, then computer to router… but is there any tips to prioritise these signals through the network (other than connect it directly to vera - as I plan on that when micasaverde gets me a unit with working wifi or fixes this one)

scratch that… set the highest priority for my tivos ip address on the routers QOS settibgs - now works like a charm :slight_smile:

Well done. Glad to hear you have now got it all up and running the way you want it.

Did you ever end up taking this app any further??

building on what you provided above I’ve tediously thrown together a more familiar control layout for the app and programmed the rest of the remote buttons - (see attatched screenshot), but my programming skills are quite limited, so I’d love to see what the experts do with these things :slight_smile:

Oh wow. I never added more, since I don’t really use the web dashboard for control of TiVo.

Does each button map to a command? Or do you not have the commands implemented, just the layout done?

Its all working… (so far at least) :slight_smile:
I did it in the apps portal using the same implementation structure you used. I didn’t make it public as allot of it was your work… I think I just fluked most of it by copying bits n pieces of code from other apps to get images working… wow the apps portal is a PITA to use though!

Using the portal for distribution hasn’t really interested me, but it does make things easier.
You can use my updates for release…it was based on the DirecTV plugin.