Help with Group Association in UI7 please

I’m brand new and trying to learn how to associate two devices. I have two lights that are controlled by Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS - Z-Wave In-Wall Micro Controllers. The controllers are placed inside the box behind the wall switch and work fine individually.

I’d like to set it up so that when I turn either switch on, both lights come on. And when I turn either switch off, both will turn off.

Seems simple but I can’t find anything anywhere that explains how to do Group Association in UI7. I’ve played around quite a bit but had no luck. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

John

[quote=“jehuie, post:1, topic:190744”]I’m brand new and trying to learn how to associate two devices. I have two lights that are controlled by Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS - Z-Wave In-Wall Micro Controllers. The controllers are placed inside the box behind the wall switch and work fine individually.

I’d like to set it up so that when I turn either switch on, both lights come on. And when I turn either switch off, both will turn off.

Seems simple but I can’t find anything anywhere that explains how to do Group Association in UI7. I’ve played around quite a bit but had no luck. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

John[/quote]

Are they in the same box?

On each device go to device options,
Type 1, in the add group box and click, Add Group
The delete, set, and view button should appear.
Click on Set, and check the name of the other switch.
Click save (at the very bottom of the page), then click back to z-wave settings, should take you back to the page where you added the group.
Then click Apply settings.

Then go into the other switch and repeat the process pointing it back to the other switch.

It can take a little bit for the settings to apply. If the devices are too far away to talk to each other directly you might need to wait for a heal for everything ping to work well.

You should always use Group 1, unless the Manual for the device says otherwise. Group 1 is a bit confusing it actually just referees to. The type of association you are creative, not an actual group of zwave devices.

Although this topic is getting a little long in the tooth, seems to be the right instructions… I’m new to all this, and as the OP trying to set two switches in a group… Followed the steps listed and wonder how long it might take for it to ‘sync’ all the necessary devices? I’m on 30 minutes and not working as yet. have the steps changed perhaps?
Thx in advance!

Very few switches support direct association, what type/brand of switches are you using?

Delayed response due to operator intelligence deficiency, apologies!
My switches do not support zwave associations so no problem with the instructions.