HELP with Chamberlain/Liftmaster Garage door Opener/Operator

I was hoping some of you that own and have connected your Chamberlain/Liftmaster door operator to a Vera product.

The myQ App was installed in my new VeraPlus but I have no idea what to do next. It will not connect but then again, I only installed the app and did not add any other setting.

I do have the myQ app running on my iPhone and iPad, it has been running on these devices since I installed the operators.

Is it correct the Chamberlain/Liftmaster gateway must be connected to the VeraPlus?

1.) After you install the plugin, find the LiftMaster MyQ Devic in you devices.
2.) Click on the right arrow.
3.) Click on myQ Setup at the top.
4.) Select the brand, Craftsman, LiftMaster or Chamberlain.
5.) Enter myQ Username and Password.
6.) Click on “Update” to the right.
7.) Click “BACK” at top of page.
8.) Re-boot VeraPlus.

Hope that helps.
Tom

Tom,
That was so easy!
I thought I did all of those steps the first time, but obviously not!
This time, I followed you instructions and it connected right away.

Now I need to figure out how to create a scene that will allow Vera to check the doors at 10pm every night, and if they are open, I want Vera to close the doors.

Can this be done?

Again, I looked but could not figure it out…I am such a rookie!
But I sure am glad there are VERY knowledgeable and helpful people like yourself!!!

I am liking Vera even more!

Tom,

Since you select the brand in one location, is there any way to control two different brands? I have two doors and just replaced my right GDO with a Chamberlain. What happens if I get a good deal on a Craftsman or Liftmaster when I replace the other one? I am not sure you can have two occurrences of an app running on a Vera. Will the app recognize the other brands or am I locked into Chamberlain now?

I know you are asking about two doors and different brands but I wanted to let you know that I do have two operators and they are both the same model.

With that said, the myQ app in Vera detected both doors at the same time, which means, I believe the myQ app will allow Vera to detect both of your doors as long as it is one of the three brands listed in the myq app.

I know Liftmaster and Chamberlain are the same company and I bet Craftsman is a Chamberlain

[quote=“kendad, post:4, topic:191125”]Tom,

Since you select the brand in one location, is there any way to control two different brands? I have two doors and just replaced my right GDO with a Chamberlain. What happens if I get a good deal on a Craftsman or Liftmaster when I replace the other one? I am not sure you can have two occurrences of an app running on a Vera. Will the app recognize the other brands or am I locked into Chamberlain now?[/quote]

Yes you will have to have two occurrences of the app. This is because you would have one account with Chamberlain and one account with Craftsman or Liftmaster. If you were able to add the Craftsman or Liftmaster to an existing Chamberlain account, then you would be able to only have one occurrence of the app. The Vera app is simply logging into your account just like your cell phone app is. When you select the brand, you are simply telling it which servers to connect to.

[quote=“Bgw70, post:3, topic:191125”]Tom,
That was so easy!
I thought I did all of those steps the first time, but obviously not!
This time, I followed you instructions and it connected right away.

Now I need to figure out how to create a scene that will allow Vera to check the doors at 10pm every night, and if they are open, I want Vera to close the doors.

Can this be done?

Again, I looked but could not figure it out…I am such a rookie!
But I sure am glad there are VERY knowledgeable and helpful people like yourself!!!

I am liking Vera even more![/quote]

This is really easy to do. You just set up a scene that is triggered at 10pm. The action would be to close/lock your door. If it was already closed/locked, nothing would happen. If it was open, then it would be closed.

Bravo!
You are correct, it was easy to create, once I figured out how to set dates and times on a scene.

Thank you for your help!

[quote=“Bgw70, post:8, topic:191125”]Bravo!
You are correct, it was easy to create, once I figured out how to set dates and times on a scene.

Thank you for your help![/quote]

How do you set a specific time for a scene to run? I have the device and the action already set.

Open the webpage Vera control, not the app.
Click on scenes
Click on the scene, modify (pencil)
Click on select a trigger, modify
Now either delete the current trigger or add a new trigger, if you have one already.
Select trigger type, DEVICE or SCHEDULE
NOTE, you can select INTERVAL, DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY or ONCE.

I hope my first “help post” is helpful! ;D

It is very cool when it works!

Wow, that was so simple. Thanks for the guide. I just skipped right over that when I created my scene. This is why I spend time browsing through the forums. There are so many people out there willing to help at any time.

Thanks for the great tips. I now have my garage door autoclose every night at 11pm if its open.

But now I want to autoclose the garage door if its open for more than 1hr at anytime every day. I created this scene but I don’t think its correct. Can I get advice on how to edit it? Also any other ideas for other scenes that you like for the garage door? Thanks!

Step 1: Select a Trigger
1 Schedule Trigger
Every 15 Minutes

Step 2: Device Actions
Immediately

Garage Door Unlocked

Wait for 30m and then
Garage Door Locked

One more question. The scene to autoclose the garage door at 11pm made the myq act strange today. My wife came home and opened the door with her regular car clicker and she said it automatically closed the door very soon after opening it. Here is my scene info. Any idea why this would happen?

I did have the scene from the previous message above deleted so it couldnt have had anything to do with that right?

Scene Name: “closegarage11pmdaily”

1 Device Trigger and 1 Schedule Trigger
Garage Door is opened…
Every day at 11:00 PM…

Immediately
Garage Door Locked

Step 3: Finish the Scene
This scene runs…
When I am in any mode

Also, execute the following Luup code:

Advanced Editor

#9 Garage Door
Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1
SetTarget

newTargetValue: 1

Maybe since one of your triggers is “Garage Door is opened”. So every time you open the garage door it triggers this scene. Garage door open needs to be a condition not a trigger.

OK so I removed that trigger but dont I have to specify if its open, then close it? I am a noob so im still trying to understand the interface. I have modified it to this now. Is it correct?

1 Schedule Trigger
Every day at 11:00 PM

Wait for 5m and then
Garage Door Locked

You probably need some luup code to check if it’s open. Something like:

local dID = 9 – Device ID of your Switch
local allow = true – true runs scene if switch is on, false blocks it
local status = luup.variable_get(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:DoorLock1”,“Status”,dID)
return ((status == “1”) == allow)

Got that from this thread: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18679.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18679.0.html[/url]

It may need some tweaking.

[quote=“futurescape, post:12, topic:191125”]Thanks for the great tips. I now have my garage door autoclose every night at 11pm if its open.

But now I want to autoclose the garage door if its open for more than 1hr at anytime every day. I created this scene but I don’t think its correct. Can I get advice on how to edit it? Also any other ideas for other scenes that you like for the garage door? Thanks!

1 Schedule Trigger
Every 15 Minutes

Immediately

Garage Door Unlocked

Wait for 30m and then
Garage Door Locked[/quote]

Did you ever get it working?
Here is what I did…
-created the scene, like you did.
-schedule trigger, daily, at 10pm
-device action, garage door, locked
-the scene runs in any mode

-Advanced Editor
#9 Garage Door
Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1
SetTarget
newTargetValue: 1

Hope this helps!
Also, I am using the myQ Chamberlain app.
I don’t recall your door brand

[quote=“futurescape, post:12, topic:191125”]Thanks for the great tips. I now have my garage door autoclose every night at 11pm if its open.

1 Schedule Trigger
Every 15 Minutes

Immediately

Garage Door Unlocked

Wait for 30m and then
Garage Door Locked[/quote]

I would use PLEG for this.

I have the same situation as bgw70, but after I reboot still not working. Do I have to install any sensor on top of the Chamberlain opener?