Help Needed - Move from Vera3 to VeraEdge failed

I got a strange problem and need some help.

After my Vera3 did a bad job the last weeks and the Z-Wave chip seemed to be the cause, I bought a VeraEdge. I went through the copy procedure as outlined her:
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1840697-upgrade-from-ui7-on-veralite-or-vera-3

Two problems occurred:

1. Not all Z-Wave devices were copied
  2. VeraEdge did not accepted the backup file and aborted the restore

Vera3 still showed Master SIS: NO PRI: YES

So I reseted the Edge. Unfortunately Vera3 tricked me and it was already in slave mode even though it didn’t show after refreshing the browser window.

Here are my two questions:

1. How can I make Vera3 primary again without loosing the network. (I have backups)
  2. How can I upload the Vera3 backup to VeraEdge?

THANKS!

Update

I managed to get my Vera3 back as Master and started over.

Problem stays that I still can’t restore the backup file.

Any ideas?

[quote=“huwu, post:2, topic:187811”]Update

I managed to get my Vera3 back as Master and started over.

Problem stays that I still can’t restore the backup file.

Any ideas?[/quote]

I did mine from scratch as upgrading to a z-wave plus chip never seemed straight forward for easy to do. I slowly moved over devices and plugins as I had time to.

I only miss one or two devices. Not easy to count because names are missing as well as the config files for sensors other than motion sensors. Plus some unwanted children devices are appearing.

My problem still is that the backup file can’t be uploaded. ???

UPDATE

After several failed attempts to restore the backup, I noticed that the tar file was quite big. Within the container was only one bigger file. That was ergy_cache_paired_devices.conf. Since I don’t use the energy control, I deleted the file, packed the etc folder and uploaded it again.

Vera was a bit unhappy and gave an unspecific error warning but a few minutes later my new Veraedge looked like Vera3. ;D

congrats! you figured it out!