Has anyone attempted/accompished Google Home integration?

[quote=“gwichman, post:40, topic:194444”][quote=“chilump, post:39, topic:194444”]I have Vera, Google Home, HA Bridge and HUE.
I’ve set up the HA Bridge and I can see and add my devices within HA Bridge.
On the Bridge Devices Page I can turn my devices on and off and dim.
Problem is when I try to give Google Home the command to turn on, off or Dim Google HOme gives me “I can’t do that message” or “Devices” messages.

What am I missing?[/quote]
Have you gone into your google home app on your phone and added the HA bridge?

from the documentation:

Google Assistant

Google Home is supported as of v3.2.0 and forward, but only if the bridge is running on port 80.

Use the Google Home app on a phone to add new “home control” devices by going into Settings / Home Control / + as described here. Click on Philips Hue under the Add new section. If ha-bridge is on the same network as the phone as well as the Home device, then the app should quickly pass through the pairing step and populate with all of the devices. If instead it takes you to a Philips Hue login page, this means that the bridge was not properly discovered.

Then you can say “OK Google, Turn on the office light” or whatever name you have given your configured devices.[/quote]

Yes I went into the Google Home app and went through the process as described in the documentation. My devices display in HA Bridge and I can control with the on and off buttons but I still can’t seem to get the Google Home to work with voice commands

If the devices show up in the HA bridge interface under “bridge devices” AND on your phone’s app the HA bridge shows up under settings->home control->manage devices as a linked service (“philips hue”) AND on your phone’s app under settings->home control all your devices are there, it should work IMHO. Any of the devices in the phone’s app under home control should be controllable with a “ok google, <on/off>”

If the devices show up in the HA bridge interface under “bridge devices” AND on your phone’s app the HA bridge shows up under settings->home control->manage devices as a linked service (“philips hue”) AND on your phone’s app under settings->home control all your devices are there, it should work IMHO. Any of the devices in the phone’s app under home control should be controllable with a “ok google, <on/off>”[/quote]

Ahhh thats the problem.

-My Devices are listed under bridge devices
-Hue is shown as a linked device within the google home app
-But my devices are NOT showing up within Home Control. The only device that displays is the one Philips Hue light I have on my network.[/li][/list]

Do you know what I did wrong?
Should I have my Philips Hue Hub listed under Hue Devices tab?

[ul][quote=“chilump, post:43, topic:194444”]Ahhh thats the problem.

-My Devices are listed under bridge devices
-Hue is shown as a linked device within the google home app
-But my devices are NOT showing up within Home Control. The only device that displays is the one Philips Hue light I have on my network.[/li][/ul]

Do you know what I did wrong?
Should I have my Philips Hue Hub listed under Hue Devices tab?[/quote]

For me as soon as i did the below and the google home app connected to the ha bridge the devices populated. There was a delay in that it didn’t happen right away - but more or less it does. All your existing vera devices (or scenes) that you see over on the ha bridge “bridge devices” page should show up magically. The rooms you define manually. Maybe try removing and adding it again?

Use the Google Home app on a phone to add new “home control” devices by going into Settings / Home Control / + as described here. Click on Philips Hue under the Add new section. If ha-bridge is on the same network as the phone as well as the Home device, then the app should quickly pass through the pairing step and populate with all of the devices. If instead it takes you to a Philips Hue login page, this means that the bridge was not properly discovered.

@gwichman Thanks for your help!
I figured it out.
I had the Hue Hub, Raspberry Pi and Vera going through different switches even though they were on the same network.
I reset everything and plugged all into the same switch and all the devices appeared within the app.
Thanks!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]Yes my solution will require a windows, mac, or Linux box running a java app to be running all the time.

There are ways to do this all cloud based … but I would loose a number of features. The project is moving along nicely.

I have a very simple setup once Java is installed.
You do not need to stay logged in.[/quote]
Hi Richard
I have been trying to wait patiently, but also dying to know more about your Google home integration project. Any update on how things are progressing?

Google accepted it last wed night … they said it takes 24 hours after being accepted.
I submitted I help ticket on Friday … they say that because of the large number of Agents being release it could take a week to get to the actual Google Home Voice recognition servers.

You can see the details of my App at:

http://VeraConcierge.com

For what it’s worth, I wish that I could customize what phrase i use for at least some things… in general the current google home / ha bridge room commands are great (e.g. “hey google, turn kitchen lights on” and all the lights i threw into the kitchen room come on). You don’t realize how really terrific voice commands are over handheld devices until you deploy it and then never touch them again.

But, other things are awkward i’ve found. Scenes in particular. e.g. “hey google, turn bedtime mode on” is difficult to remember for the average person/wife. Another example, I have one called “TV dinner mode” for when we eat dinner while watching TV (as apposed to at the dining room table). Saying “hey google, TV dinner mode on” is a bit weird to say and remember.

I wish instead that i could say “hey google, lets go to sleep” and it runs scene “bedtime mode”. That sort of thing… I want to be able to pick a phrase that i find natural, and tie it to running a scene. I don’t want to have to say “on” either. Just run the damn scene :).

I do not use the standard device commands.
Check out my website for expanded capability compared to standard interface.

I already have an additional release with new capabilities ready to go …

It appears your site is down . . . .

My site is a Google Server … it should not be down …

http://VeraConcierge.com

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:51, topic:194444”]My site is a Google Server … it should not be down …

http://VeraConcierge.com[/quote]

Don’t want to turn this into a support forum for your site, but…

I want to try it! But I get “Anonymous users does not have storage.objects.get access to object veraconcierge.appspot.com/ConciergeServerVersions/ConciergeServer.jar” when trying to download your program, even after logging in.

And BTW in certain browsers your link to “My Account” at the top is to “https:///VeraConcierge.appspot.com/web/Account” (note the extra ‘/’ after https).

Let me know if you have a support email address you’d prefer to use.

My fault … Every time I do an update I have to upload 3 files and then mark them all public (even though 2 of them were already public).
I must have double clicked one of the public setting for one of the files causing it to NOT be public. It’s fixed now.

Hi

I just bought a Google Home mini to test. I have been using Alexa with HA bridge.

I expected I could do the same with GH and link it to the emulated Philips Hue bridge aka HA bridge.

However it seems I am late to the party as of sometime last month Google / Philips have changed the way GH links to a hue bridge and it is now on longer possible to connect it to the local HA bridge.

Was searching for a Vera Google Home beta do they have one?

And found this thread mentioning Vera Concierge, which I’ve not heard of before.

So with Vera Concierge I assume you have to give commands like “Hey Google ask Vera Concierge” to do something like run a Vera scene or control a device?

My wife’s first language is not English, I don’t think she could even say the word “Concierge”.

How well does Vera Concierge work?

Thanks

[quote=“cw-kid, post:54, topic:194444”]Hi

I just bought a Google Home mini to test. I have been using Alexa with HA bridge.

I expected I could do the same with GH and link it to the emulated Philips Hue bridge aka HA bridge.

However it seems I am late to the party as of sometime last month Google / Philips have changed the way GH links to a hue bridge and it is now on longer possible to connect it to the local HA bridge.

Was searching for a Vera Google Home beta do they have one?

And found this thread mentioning Vera Concierge, which I’ve not heard of before.

So with Vera Concierge I assume you have to give commands like “Hey Google ask Vera Concierge” to do something like run a Vera scene or control a device?

How well does Vera Concierge work?

Thanks[/quote]

As far as having to say “Hey google ask vera concierge” Yes…but you can use google shortcuts. I have mine set up so I can say “kitchen light on” and google hears “Hey google ask vera concierge to turn kitchen light on.”

Works great. Also works with scenes.

More details below:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,49205.msg335141.html#msg335141

Hi Inzax

So does that mean you no longer have to say “Hey google ask vera concierge” at all for anything now ?

Thanks

[quote=“cw-kid, post:56, topic:194444”]Hi Inzax

So does that mean you no longer have to say “Hey google ask vera concierge” at all for anything now ?

Thanks[/quote]

Correct. I would have to say “Hey google ask vera concierge” ONLY if it is something I have not set up with google shortcuts. Which in my case, does not happen often in the last 48 hours I have had things set up. If I do come up with something I want to include its easy. Just set up another shortcut.

[quote=“Inzax, post:57, topic:194444”][quote=“cw-kid, post:56, topic:194444”]Hi Inzax

Thanks[/quote]

Correct. I would have to say “Hey google ask vera concierge” ONLY if it is something I have not set up with google shortcuts. Which in my case, does not happen often in the last 48 hours I have had things set up. If I do come up with something I want to include its easy. Just set up another shortcut.[/quote]

OK many thanks !

Once I get through the next phase with google review …

You will be able to just say …

OK Google turn on the Office Light.

But there are more things you will be able to do if you start with
OK Google Talk to Vera Concierge

I’ve got the jar file running on my Windows server and I think i have linked all the accounts correctly. I can ask to talk to my Vera Concierge on the GH mini.

But it just kept asking me “which switch” and didn’t seem to respond to any of my “turn on” requests. Probably user error.

I need to sit down and work out what all the settings do. Also looks like I need to purchase a licence which I will look in to now.

Is there a dummy user setup guide ?

Thanks.