Harmony and Vera devices in a group

I created a group in Alexa named morning that consists of 3 devices, 2 lights controlled by Vera and a TV controlled by a Harmony hub. When I ask Alexa to turn on morning only the TV turns on not the lights. If I remove the TV from the group the lights do come on. Any reason why this isn’t working?

Interesting. I’m using the Denon Plugin to have lights turn off and / or dim but as there’s no current Panasonic TV Plugin, I don’t get the TV turned on or off at all yet. Currently, I’m using this to set the Denon input to the iPod Dock which is where the Bluetooth dongle for the Dot connects. So I say, “Alexa, turn on Denon Music.” Then I say, “Alexa, connect to Bluetooth.” Then I say, “Alexa, play (whatever I ask it to play).” More than a bit cumbersome. I’d like to get this all into one group for sure.

On the Harmony Hub… Are you using it with the Elite Remote or just stand alone with Alexa and / or Vera? I’m looking into it but not sure if I need the remote or if I can continue to use my Harmony 900 side by side with the Hub. Sometimes you just want to have a remote in your hand and I dislike the lack of number buttons on the Elite Remote.

On the Harmony Hub… Are you using it with the Elite Remote or just stand alone with Alexa and / or Vera? I’m looking into it but not sure if I need the remote or if I can continue to use my Harmony 900 side by side with the Hub. Sometimes you just want to have a remote in your hand and I dislike the lack of number buttons on the Elite Remote.[/quote]

No I don’t have the Elite. I have the Smart Control which consists of the hub and a simple remote (which does have number buttons). I do not believe the 900 will work with the hub.

I found this on the amazon site:

Note: For best results, only add similar devices to a group. For example, keep thermostats separate from lights and switches.”

which may be the reason my group isn’t working since I have dissimilar devices.

On the Harmony Hub… Are you using it with the Elite Remote or just stand alone with Alexa and / or Vera? I’m looking into it but not sure if I need the remote or if I can continue to use my Harmony 900 side by side with the Hub. Sometimes you just want to have a remote in your hand and I dislike the lack of number buttons on the Elite Remote.[/quote]

No I don’t have the Elite. I have the Smart Control which consists of the hub and a simple remote (which does have number buttons). I do not believe the 900 will work with the hub.

I found this on the amazon site:

Note: For best results, only add similar devices to a group. For example, keep thermostats separate from lights and switches.”

which may be the reason my group isn’t working since I have dissimilar devices.[/quote]

I am pretty positive that the 900 doesn’t work with the Home Hub as it has it’s own hub and I’ve read it elsewhere. I guess what I’m wondering is if I can just add the Hub to my system for voice commands to control the system. I think I can do that but then the 900 will be out of sync with the hub so I’d have to execute the Activity anyhow to get it synced. The biggest thing here is having the Hub talk to Vera and Alexa to control other things. Currently I can control the AVR via the Denon Plugin but not the TV so with lack of a IP control of the TV in Vera I need to get the new hub. If I can get the hub to change channels and adjust the volume using voice commands maybe I don’t need a physical remote at all?

I can see not mixing device types in a group, “Don’t cross the streams!”