Grouping Hue bulbs as one dimmer button

Is it possible to group hue bulbs to one dimmer button? The problem I?m having is there are 12 hue bulbs that light my living room. I?d like to control all the lights in each room with one dimmer button. Using hue scenes I can only turn the group on or off.
Thanks in advance!

Which Hue plugin are you using? The official one exposes a device for each Hue group you define, and you can dim that.

I?m using the Philips Hue 2 version 1.28. It exposes each bulb to my vera not in groups. Would love to have just the groups instead of individual bulbs.

Try AltHue. It allows bulbs to be placed in a room.

I installed altHue, how do I group the bulbs into rooms?

Also just to confirm. After I group them into rooms I can add a dimmer button in homewave and select the room?

I installed altHue, how do I group the bulbs into rooms?[/quote]

When you edit the device, you can then place it in a room. You have to edit each Hue device.

Sorry, you lost me with HomeWave. I just realized this is a HomeWave discussion. I have found Vera does not control a groups of lights very well and the Hue app does a better job, especially with color.

What I have set up is PLEG to turn on a pair of lights in my bedroom. It ramps them up in the morning, turns them on at bedtime, and turns off 1 at 9:30 when I typically read.

I suppose one could set up a scene, or use Reactor, or PLEG, to control a virtual dimmer but I do not know if that has been created.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sorry, you lost me with HomeWave. I just realized this is a HomeWave discussion. I have found Vera does not control a groups of lights very well and the Hue app does a better job, especially with color.

What I have set up is PLEG to turn on a pair of lights in my bedroom. It ramps them up in the morning, turns them on at bedtime, and turns off 1 at 9:30 when I typically read.

I suppose one could set up a scene, or use Reactor, or PLEG, to control a virtual dimmer but I do not know if that has been created.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.[/quote]

No worries! I?m using the official hue plugin, so not sure what I?m doing wrong to get the bulbs to show up as their hue rooms instead of individually on the Vera Dashboard.