GROUP FIBARO DOUBLE SWITCH AND AEOTEC MULTISENSOR

Hi all,
Attempting something you’d think is basic: group the aeotec multisensor 6 with a fibaro double switch so that motion triggers the 2 lights associated with the double switch.

Pb: the fibaro appears as a z-wave reporting device (wattage consumption) carrying the name I gave the device during inclusion (hallway lights) and 2 separate loads (Q1 and Q2). Only the reporting one appears as a device in the list of devices that appear when setting a group.

I took the multisensor and set group 1 putting the multisensor and the ‘hallway lights’ device in it…nothing happens…

If anyone has been successful there please share your setup :slight_smile:

I spent much time trying to get this working too, because Vera was so insanely slow/unreliable with scenes the only way to trigger lights quick enough was with direct associations.

Unfortunately after working through it with Aeotec it turned out the Aeotec MultiSensor is not compatible with multi-endpoint devices. Another one of those Z-Wave advantages “anything works with anything” that is actually a load of crap.

In my case I ended up needing to switch the light in my particular case to a Fibaro Dimmer, which of course meant it was no longer a multi-endpoint device and the association worked.

Until I gave up on Vera’s eternal list of self-imploding problems and switched to HomeSeer - no longer need direct associations as it is so insanely fast I have incredibly powerful logic all happening via events within HomeSeer itself, so I have door and movement sensors all over the place controlling lights all via logic and they happen instantaneously.

Ooops! More than I bargained for here :slight_smile: Thks tillsy for sharing your experience. It just helps set expectations. Finding scenes really slow too.
Also quite like Fibaro…Homeseer does not support Fibaro FGS 223 (the double switch) right?

It sure does - I have about 30 of the Fibaro double-switches in my HomeSeer setup (plus around 10 Fibaro Dimmers, 8 Aeotec SmartPlugs, 10 Aeotec MultiSensors, 15 Aeotec Door sensors (I can’t understate how awesome those little buggers are, especially that you can re-charge them once a year by plugging into USB for a few minutes!), etc in addition to countless other devices (including my own home-brew window blind circuit and software via Z-UNO) and they all work an absolute dream with insane speed.