GPS Tracker

Does anybody know if this can be integrated into a plugin and app combo?

I like the iPhone location plugin, but no matter what I do it just sucks down my battery. It’s come a long way, but still about 3-4x drain then without.

Thanks,
Frank

The new iViri plugin should work without too much of a hit on battery life (once its released).

Let us know…

Is it based on what I posted or, something different? Just curious.

I am the developer of iViri. It is a new iOS app that will allow you to control virtual switches using geofences. So you can setup a geofence of home and a radius of 250meters, once the phone travels outside of that radius it will turn the virtual switch to off and when you travel back into that radius it will turn the switch to on. So you could use PLEG or some LUUP code on a scene to manage what happens when these geofence’s are crossed or exited. The battery usage is minimal and the only down side with iOS 7 is you need to keep the app open in the background on the iDevice and not kill it off, but like I said I haven’t seen any extra battery drain like I did using the iPhone plugin. iViri also offers voice control over some of your vera devices. I am pretty excited about it and it will be released as soon as apple approves it. With that said I will be working on ibeacons and the ability to hide those in rooms and have your house react to your presence in each room, be it change the temperature or turn on and off lights. I will be getting a child board once it is released and I am always open to ideas to incorporate into the app. Just so you know this app have been worked on for a couple of months now with about 13 or so BETA testers, so it is pretty solid once you enter your connection information.

This sounds awesome! Just bought it!

In the GeoFence area is there a way to delete a fence? I have 4 labeled work now :slight_smile:

Also, a way to put in your coordinates manually would be create too, if possible.

I’m sure you have a lot of features on your list to implement. You will get another purchase soon for my wife’s devices.

Thanks,
Frank

[quote=“PotCheese, post:6, topic:179690”]This sounds awesome! Just bought it!

In the GeoFence area is there a way to delete a fence? I have 4 labeled work now :slight_smile:

Also, a way to put in your coordinates manually would be create too, if possible.

I’m sure you have a lot of features on your list to implement. You will get another purchase soon for my wife’s devices.

Thanks,
Frank[/quote]

I have a child board under Remote Apps and iViri that we can take this discussion to since I don’t watch many other boards. You should be able to swipe left to delete a geofence, if this is not the case please let me know and I will work to have that released in the v1.1 that will be submitted as early as tonight. If it doesn’t work you can always delete and reinstall the app to get rid of those geofences but I would perfer to have the app allow you to do it in the next update.

Will switch to the other board, thanks!