Google Home and Google Chrome Cast profile

Folks,
I have a new profile I plan to release soon.
This will allow doing text to speech to your Google Home and/or a Google Chrome-cast device.

I am currently struggling with resuming a stream that is interrupted by the text to speech message. (i.e. resuming your music or video)

I plan to support the following profile options:
CastDevice - “CastDevice Name”, or “All”, or “Current”
Current is determined by the last Google Home that is used for issuing voice commands.
All can give you notifications on all the cast devices in your home.
Language - The language used for Text to Speech, default is EN - for English.

I will be releasing this with a Vera Assistant to handle voice requests from a Google Home in your house to control your Vera(s).

Wow I just saw this Richard! Looks great, will it work if I only have Google Chrome Cast Audio devices? Thanks

Brilliant.

Can’t wait for Google home to come to the UK.

Shame alexa can’t be used for announcements

I just got my google home and while i’m enjoying getting to know it I admit that I can’t wait to use it to control Vera devices and scenes.

Richard: have you released the chrome-cast device-option?

Marc the rel are adds

1. message prefix for the niter all alerts.
  2. a Generic URL profile
  3. the chrome cast/ google home tts profile. This requires the concierge server setup.

See http://VeraConcierge.com

No plans releasing dlna feature?

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:1, topic:195154”]Folks,

I am currently struggling with resuming a stream that is interrupted by the text to speech message. (i.e. resuming your music or video)[/quote]

Richard - have you made any more progress on this aspect?

Google had a new API out that would allow me to do this better … I will have to research the status of that API.