Getting started - SSH access?

Hi all,

I’m relative new vera and sonos, i have a Vera UI5 with a nice set of sensors and currently experimenting with Sonos (PLAY:5 with zone)
and i would like to combine those two together, i’ve read the forum and wasn’t enable to SSH to my unit because all credentionals (by my knowing)
are not valid for SSH access… any help for this startup will be very helpfull and appreciated.

regards Patrick

[quote=“PatrickV, post:1, topic:177153”]Hi all,

I’m relative new vera and sonos, i have a Vera UI5 with a nice set of sensors and currently experimenting with Sonos (PLAY:5 with zone)
and i would like to combine those two together, i’ve read the forum and wasn’t enable to SSH to my unit because all credentionals (by my knowing)
are not valid for SSH access… any help for this startup will be very helpfull and appreciated.

regards Patrick[/quote]

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Logon_Vera_SSH

You may find WinSCP useful too. See the attached pdf for how to get it connected to Vera.

I have a MAC computer. Can anyone recommend a MAC alternative to WinSCP?

Thank you!

[quote=“beringer, post:4, topic:177153”]I have a MAC computer. Can anyone recommend a MAC alternative to WinSCP?

Thank you![/quote]
I have heard that Fugu works but I have no personal experience. Hopefully some of our MAC devotees will respond with their findings.

CyberDuck

• Garrett

I use RBrowser on my Mac :slight_smile:

[quote=“garrettwp, post:6, topic:177153”]CyberDuck

• Garrett[/quote]

Hi Garrett, I’ve been searching and cannot figure out how to connect with Cyberduck. Looks like you use it but I must be doing something wrong. I figured out how to get my root password and I am able to ssh into my VeraLight via root and/or remote. However when I configure cyberduck with the same two username password combinations I use with ssh, I get and I/O error message when connecting with cyberduck. Thanks, -e

Same problem – can’t get Cyberduck to connect to Vera. Nor my Asus router. Rasp Pi works fine.