Geofencing 2 Phones

I have an iPhone. My wife has an OPPO phone.
I have no problems creating a Geofence on my iPhone.

On my wifes’ phone, the “Geo-Map” locates her phone correctly on the map, but the settings will not show the Lat/Lon coordinates.

I have the correct Lat/Lon on my phone because it works on my phone.

How can I manually enter the Lat/Long or create the correct location on her phone?

Any other thoughts?

I figured it out.

It would create the Lat/Lon numbers if I pointed to the location on the map with my finger and then answered “Yes” to “Do You Want This to be…”

[quote=“additude”]I figured it out.

It would create the Lat/Lon numbers if I pointed to the location on the map with my finger and then answered “Yes” to “Do You Want This to be…”

…[/quote]
Have you been able to get vera app on oppo phone to work with geo fence? Does it trigger exit and enter reliably?

Hi,
I’m glad you asked that question because I was going to start a new post about some difficulties I am experiencing.

I’ll call it “Geofencing 2 Phones Part-2”

[quote=“additude”]Hi,
I’m glad you asked that question because I was going to start a new post about some difficulties I am experiencing.

I’ll call it “Geofencing 2 Phones Part-2”[/quote]
Looking forward to hearing as I ave a similar situation iPhone and oppo (Android) phone, which I can not get the latter to trigger consistently enter or exit geo fence.

If you can keep the Android going into deep sleep then it will trigger correctly.
I solved the problem (partially) by using the “Hands free” in the car by connecting to the phone as if I was going to make a call. That was enough to wake it up look where it was and trigger. The only difficulty was determining where to make the call, to late and everything is still asleep, to early the lights are blazing.
Still not a perfect behind the scene operation as you need to do some remote switching (I’m striving for a totally autonomous house, but also have hit a wall here).

[quote=“zedrally”]If you can keep the Android going into deep sleep then it will trigger correctly.
I solved the problem (partially) by using the “Hands free” in the car by connecting to the phone as if I was going to make a call. That was enough to wake it up look where it was and trigger. The only difficulty was determining where to make the call, to late and everything is still asleep, to early the lights are blazing.
Still not a perfect behind the scene operation as you need to do some remote switching (I’m striving for a totally autonomous house, but also have hit a wall here).[/quote]
Might have to trade in for iPhone as they seem to be able to reliably trigger enter and exit geo fence.

[quote=“PrincessCleavage, post:7, topic:197319”][quote=“zedrally”]If you can keep the Android going into deep sleep then it will trigger correctly.
Still not a perfect behind the scene operation as you need to do some remote switching (I’m striving for a totally autonomous house, but also have hit a wall here).[/quote]
Might have to trade in for iPhone as they seem to be able to reliably trigger enter and exit geo fence.[/quote]
Looks like we are not alone with Oppo phone and they seem troublesome, this may help:

Hello there,

I suggest trying the new firmware update both for Vera and mobile platforms.

It fixes a few stubborn bugs Geofence related and you should see improvements.

If you have any issues you have to report don’t hesitate to reach our support team.

Full release notes here: https://goo.gl/tWmLQV

Thanks