General Documentation

Hi - I have struggled with this on and off for months, and hoep to get some help from the forum…

I can get the plugin to see my calendar events. I cannot get it to trigger on keyword. After a few minutes, the Fatal - Missing credentials message comes back. A simple click of the CHECK button on the control pages , clears the error, tells me “The Calendar ID is set”, and the upcoming events from google calendar are visible.

Is there a single, concise manual , how to guide floating around that anyone can point me to? I hear this is very stable, but do not seem to be able to get in into production.

I am sure it is user error, and step by step instruction of exactly what to enter in Google, and into the vera alerts section would be the best way to validate my understanding of setting up the triggers, and how to avoid the credentials from seemingly dropping our until I press the CHECK button in the GCal control. It is now three minutes past the trigger time, and nothing has happened, no notification.

THanks!

There are instructions in the first post of the main thread. They do not have up to date screen shots, especially the Google credentials document, but they are otherwise pretty accurate.

Seeing your calendar in the calendar tab tells us you likely have the CalendarID set correctly and that your browser is logged into google. Correct credentials are not required for this.

The error you are getting tells us that either the credentials are incorrect or the permissions are set incorrectly on the calendar.

The best way to troubleshoot is by getting a log file with gc_debug set to 3. What version of Vera are you on and what version of the plugin?

I hate to say it but most often this sort of issue is down to a missing step either in setting up and getting the credentials file or in setting the calendar permissions. Pay special attention to setting up credentials for a services account and special attention to the calendar sharing permissions.

I had a few minutes and have updated the credentials creation document. Google has made at least 2 major changes to the UI’s and the flow – so the old documentation is a bit hard to follow. This should get you going.

EDIT: Attachment Removed

Stuart - Great! I will take a look and verify all settings one more time. Thanks

I have GCAL 3 v 1.3 calendar switch, and Google Calendar Switch 1.251 installed. (No devices created by that plugin)

I am on Vera Edge, UI7 1.7.1248

Thanks

Google Calendar Switch 1.251 is no longer supported (has not been for several years) and does not work with google calendar (as of about Nov 2014). You probably should delete it.

GCAL3 V1.3 is ok - but you would be better off updating to 1.6 when its released in the marketplace in a few days.

Are you up and running now ?

@Stuart - Thanks for checking in - I have been fighting with AD2USB, got it working finally, had to update EDEGE firmware to make that happen, now my PLEG triggers are missing…UGH…

I did update to your latest plugin, but have not had a chance to play with GCAL…hopefully I can get stabilized today with PLEG and then tackle Gcal again :slight_smile: Thanks for the help, I will check back later.

Stuart:

I upgraded, and I see this now:

“Waiting for another process claiming: requestCalendar”

I can see the Calendar, and events that are upcoming. Any thoughts on that message?

Thanks

Try rebooting. If the same error, then we need a log file to see what’s happening. Basically, this error occurs when there is a problem communicating with google.

Also – you can try this patch. It does not change anything in the execution but may give an additional error message line and a clue.

Still - a log file is really what we need.

Stuart,

I uploaded the patch, and set debug to 3. How to I see and send you a log file ? Thanks

WINSCP or similar.

The Vera log file is in:
/var/log/cmh/LuaUPNP.log

You can also view it with:
http://YourVeraIP/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Unfortunately Vera has not seen fit to provide us with a log file viewer as part of the UI … go figure …

Vera should have done for sure .
The Log viewer function has been implemented in plugin the Alternative UI from @amg0 ( plus many others featrures)

HTTP report attached. Please let me know if I have done it correctly.

Thanks!

Unfortunately – your log file begins after the problem has occurred and does not capture what happened that got it into that state.

Attached is a patch file.

I added some reset code that will force the plugin to try again after 3 minutes. I would not expect this to clear anything to do with the original error but it should cause the error to happen again and appear in the logs. So basically we need a log that’s about 6 minutes long (to be sure) from a reboot.

I just added a test credentials file and test calendar ID that can be used to prove that the plugin is working properly. See the Debugging section on the first post.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=26692.msg189513#msg189513