GE Zwave dimmer Blue LED

Hi All - Thanks for the help! I got it working…I performed a “configure node right now” in the device settings tab and the parameter finally updated. Not sure exactly what this did but the wife is happy now and that’s all that matters. :slight_smile:

So i originally had the desired value at 1 but now I want to change it to 2 to permanently turn off the LED at all times but in my veraplus when I goto device options and edit the desired value to 2 and save it, it gives me an error message and says device not detected (although it still works) through the web interface. If I change it back to my original setting “1” then the error message goes away. I tried deleting this variable but it doesnt really delete. Here is a disclaimer that is at the bottom of this page.

How can I edit the value to “2” without these issues?

[i]Warning: Altering or deleting the configuration settings can make your device unresponsive. Please modify them if you know what you are doing or consult the device manual before doing it.

Note: To modify the default values for Variable and Desired Value fields change the value in the input box and click Save Changes below. You can’t rename or delete variables that are provided by device.[/i]

[quote=“strangely, post:6, topic:166571”]Never done it as I prefer mine to be on when the light is off, but its normally done through the configuration settings in the “device options” by clicking the “add configuration settings”

There are a few parameters that can be changed like ramp rate etc, switch orientation, and LED operation.
The setting for the LED is listed in the below PDF and below.

http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/manual-downloads/applications/DocumentLibraryManager/upload/45606-Manual-Eng.pdf

LED Light
When shipped from the factory, the LED on the 45606 is set to turn
ON when the connected light is turned OFF. This allows the LED
to indicate the switch’s location in a dark room. To make the LED
turn ON when the light is turned ON, change parameter 3’s value
to “1”.

• Parameter No: 3
  • Length: 1 Byte
  • Valid Values = 0 or 1 (default 0)[/quote]

thank you, this worked with the

GE Z-Wave Plus Plug-In Two-Outlet Smart Switch (14282) - setting to 1 disabled the blue led

Look to the advanced configuration page that GE sends you to…which is on Jasco’s site. They have included the advanced configuration parameters for basically all their stuff.
http://www.ezzwave.com/advanced-operation/

LED LIGHT When shipped from the factory, the LED is set to turn ON when the connected light is turned OFF. This is the default setting and can be changed if your primary controller supports the node configuration function. To make the LED turn ON when the light is turned ON, change parameter 3?s value to ?1?. To turn the LED OFF at all times, change parameter 3?s value to 2.
Parameter No: 3
Length: 1 Byte
Valid Values = 0, 1 or 2 (default 0)</blockquote>

This is a Decimal value, not a hex value. See attached picture

You can also jump from 0 to 2 by using the procedure shown below, but I do not know if repeating the procedure restores it to 0 or if it restores it to the last setting…so if you had it at 1 it may revert to 0 after going to 2.

Alternatively, the LED default setting can also be changed at the switch. To disable the LED indicator:
Press the "ON" switch 3 times successively
Press the "OFF" switch 1 time

Use this same process to restore the original LED setting.

I personally like the nightlight function on them to find them in the dark. Especially since my elderly parents are staying with us a lot.

I want to make it really easy for people who haven’t used the Vera before.

Here are the steps:

Using your browser

1. Select Devices menu on the left.
  2. Then choose the Device (light switch) you want to control.
  3. Press the > next to the on/off selection
  4. Press Add Configuration Settings
  5. Enter the following. Variable 3, Data Size “1 byte hex”, Desired Value 2
  6. Press Save Changes

This will turn off the blinding blue LED light.

1 Like