GE Link

Did you have to do anything to get the hub to recognize the GE bulbs? I though hue and GE link were seperate things

No they are both zigbee. Just follow the normal hue pairing directions and when it is searching for bulbs just turn the bulb on and it will flash just like with wink hub.

Cool! Thanks.

Hue can control link bulbs? That’s awesome!

Yup, but remember the GE Link bulbs aren’t colorful yet… maybe down the road they will make some :frowning:

Yup, but remember the GE Link bulbs aren’t colorful yet… maybe down the road they will make some :([/quote]

Did you see the Cree light bulbs? Cnet gave them better reviews than GE Link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure about the new 4Flow design from Cree. They reduced their warranty from 10 years down to 3.

I would like to know about the GE Link Hub (only control lights, uses GE app) and if anyone has looked into a plug-in for Vera, since Home Depot has a starter kit of 2 A-Bulbs and a Hub for $50. The Cree bulbs appear to be compatible with the same hubs/apps.

[quote=“shady, post:27, topic:183242”]I’m not sure about the new 4Flow design from Cree. They reduced their warranty from 10 years down to 3.

I would like to know about the GE Link Hub (only control lights, uses GE app) and if anyone has looked into a plug-in for Vera, since Home Depot has a starter kit of 2 A-Bulbs and a Hub for $50. The Cree bulbs appear to be compatible with the same hubs/apps.[/quote]

The GE Link bulb and the new Cree bulb pair with either the Philip Hue Hub or the Wink Hub. There is an App to connect the Philip Hue Hub and the Wink Hub to Vera and control the lights through Vera.
I think the Cree bulbs have a better light pattern than the GE Link bulbs, but you can’t go wrong with either bulb.

I am using a Hue Hub connected to 9 of the Ge Link bulbs and it has worked flawless for 6 weeks now. Each individual light shows up in Vera and integrates in scenes perfectly. I would definitely recommend this set up as a cheaper alternative to buying all Hue bulbs.