GE/Jasco 45637 light switch. Can't get Blue LED to turn off on VeraLite UI7

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to change the indicator Blue LED on the GE switches with UI7.

My new Vera Lite has UI7 installed and there are still lots of things that don’t seem to be working, and most of the examples on the forum on help pages appear to be for older versions of the Vera software and equally unhelpful.

To change the Blue LED on the switch you send a single (hex) byte value of 1 (LED off when lights off) or 2 (LED off all the time) to variable 3.

I have set that up in Device Options as follows:
Variable 3, Size 1 byte hex, Value 2
Each time in UI7 I get a pop up saying value saved when I change value each value. There is no Save button as mentioned in older UI versions.

Then I go to Advanced Settings and I see VariablesSet showing 3,1h,2
Then I click on the Configure Node Right Now button and get a pop up that says the Command was sent, but the LED doesn’t change on the switch.

I’ve tried a value of 1 as well.

Note that in Device Options it does NOT display the current value, just a blank field.

Quite frustrating that so many things appear to be broken with UI7 at this point in time.

I had an issue with trying to get the temperature reporting for my Monoprice Motion Sensor following the instructions for iDoorContact app and burned a lot of time with no success. Finally support got on my Vera and tried to get it working but came to the same conclusion I did. The app is not yet compatible with UI7.

So I’m beginning to suspect that this is the case with trying to send the additional configuration command to control the LED on the switch.

Or is there something else I need to do to make this actually take? Note that Vera Lite is configured for automatic configuration for ZWave devices. Do I need to disable that in order to get the new additional configuration value to take?

Thanks,
Burt

I’m replying with some more information after I finally was able to get the LED to turn off. I had to kill my old account. Didn’t catch that somehow my email address got used for the user name when that account was set up.

I finally got the LED to remain off on this switch in UI7, but it was tedious.

I kept poking around and by accident I wound up at the Repair tab. That was because I had unplugged an outdoor outlet and Vera was whining about it. Just plugging it back in didn’t appear to get it back to normal, at least not quickly enough. So I did a repair of the node for the outlet. That fixed that problem.

So then I decided to try a repair on the node for the light switch I was trying to control the indicator LED on. I did this since text on the Repair page indicated that the device would be configured as part of the repair process, and the light switch was showing not configured even though I had used the Configure Node Right Now button on the Advanced Settings page.

So I did the repair of the light switch node. Initially based on what was being displayed on the UI I thought that it might now have worked. So I turned the light on from the UI and ran upstairs. The light was on so it was talking fine. Then I turned the light off at the switch and amazingly the Blue LED remained off. Double checked and the LED is now off in both the on or off condition.

It appears that the Configure Node Right Now did NOT actually configure the device even though the UI reported that it had sent the command.

I’ve asked support about this.

It would be nice if there was some decent UI7 documentation. There’s a little bit but nothing that really goes into this issues and how to use the more advanced options.

Burt

I could be way off but I thought this kind of info was stored in the switch after it was sent. I mean if I took away my Vera today the LEDS don’t revert back to factory when using the switch. You think after you upgraded the switches went back to normal? Or is this a new switch? Or did you reinstall/configure each switch after upgrade?

What have you gained from ui7, that’s keeping you from going back to whats been and is working? ui5?

Hi,

I should have made it clear that it is a new switch. Comes from the factory set to the LED on when lights are off, and LED off when lights are on. So, no the switch did not revert the LED configuration, I was just having a struggle getting it to send the new configuration value to control the LED in UI7.

Support was encouraging me to not downgrade to UI5, but I’m wondering if all the hassles I’ve hit that appear to be UI7 based would go away by downgrading to UI5.

Since I’m brand new to Vera (Lite) and HA in general I don’t know enough yet to determine what the real “benefits” of UI7 are vs UI5. Maybe I can find a discussion of the pros and cons of each.

Right now I’m using the Android UI7 app which seems to be working well, but as long as there is another viable application to use for remote access when travelling I don’t have a problem with ditching that to move to UI5.

Right now I have the basics working well enough for testing, and may have some time after Thanksgiving to look at what it will take to downgrade to UI5.

[quote=“burtbick, post:4, topic:184270”]Hi,

I should have made it clear that it is a new switch. Comes from the factory set to the LED on when lights are off, and LED off when lights are on. So, no the switch did not revert the LED configuration, I was just having a struggle getting it to send the new configuration value to control the LED in UI7.

Support was encouraging me to not downgrade to UI5, but I’m wondering if all the hassles I’ve hit that appear to be UI7 based would go away by downgrading to UI5.

Since I’m brand new to Vera (Lite) and HA in general I don’t know enough yet to determine what the real “benefits” of UI7 are vs UI5. Maybe I can find a discussion of the pros and cons of each.

Right now I’m using the Android UI7 app which seems to be working well, but as long as there is another viable application to use for remote access when travelling I don’t have a problem with ditching that to move to UI5.

Right now I have the basics working well enough for testing, and may have some time after Thanksgiving to look at what it will take to downgrade to UI5.[/quote]

Ui7 offers nothing at this time over ui5 but the looks. And most of use use other apps (authomation, Imperihome) for control vs the factory vera app. UI looks doesn’t help any of these apps or change the look of day to day use. Eventually we will all be on ui7 so if you don’t have problems hang in there but if your running plugins, thermostat’s or any of the other things that don’t work right then ui5 might be worth the time to downgrade too.

Did you ever get a support response from this? I’m having a difficult time trying to change the blue LED indicator in UI7. Thanks for any help you can provide.

[quote=“burtbick, post:2, topic:184270”]I’m replying with some more information after I finally was able to get the LED to turn off. I had to kill my old account. Didn’t catch that somehow my email address got used for the user name when that account was set up.

I finally got the LED to remain off on this switch in UI7, but it was tedious.

I kept poking around and by accident I wound up at the Repair tab. That was because I had unplugged an outdoor outlet and Vera was whining about it. Just plugging it back in didn’t appear to get it back to normal, at least not quickly enough. So I did a repair of the node for the outlet. That fixed that problem.

So then I decided to try a repair on the node for the light switch I was trying to control the indicator LED on. I did this since text on the Repair page indicated that the device would be configured as part of the repair process, and the light switch was showing not configured even though I had used the Configure Node Right Now button on the Advanced Settings page.

So I did the repair of the light switch node. Initially based on what was being displayed on the UI I thought that it might now have worked. So I turned the light on from the UI and ran upstairs. The light was on so it was talking fine. Then I turned the light off at the switch and amazingly the Blue LED remained off. Double checked and the LED is now off in both the on or off condition.

It appears that the Configure Node Right Now did NOT actually configure the device even though the UI reported that it had sent the command.

I’ve asked support about this.

It would be nice if there was some decent UI7 documentation. There’s a little bit but nothing that really goes into this issues and how to use the more advanced options.

Burt[/quote]