GE Dimmer Behavior

Hi guys,

I’m new to the whole Zwave scene, and I just installed a GE dimmer switch in my living room to control 6 Cree recessed lights. Installation and pairing went smooth. What is happening though is that on the app, when I slide the bar to adjust the percentage of light, nothing happens till I go below 50%. In my mind I would think that at 50% the lights would be half there full brightness, but at 50% they are still full on.

Are there any settings that I need to change? I’m happy with the fade in and out, and it works great manually by the switch.

Thanks in advance!

John

[quote=“HomeZone, post:1, topic:190985”]Hi guys,

I’m new to the whole Zwave scene, and I just installed a GE dimmer switch in my living room to control 6 Cree recessed lights. Installation and pairing went smooth. What is happening though is that on the app, when I slide the bar to adjust the percentage of light, nothing happens till I go below 50%. In my mind I would think that at 50% the lights would be half there full brightness, but at 50% they are still full on.

Are there any settings that I need to change? I’m happy with the fade in and out, and it works great manually by the switch.

Thanks in advance!

John[/quote]

No trick, should work. What model switch.

It’s model 12724, paddle style dimmer.

When I added the device to my Edge, I couldn’t find this switch in the devices that are pre-populated in the menu, so I used the Zwave generic device option and it paired right up and recognized it as a dimmer switch.

[quote=“HomeZone, post:3, topic:190985”]It’s model 12724, paddle style dimmer.

When I added the device to my Edge, I couldn’t find this switch in the devices that are pre-populated in the menu, so I used the Zwave generic device option and it paired right up and recognized it as a dimmer switch.[/quote]

Thats common, alot of devices not in that list. In 99% of the cases generic is your best option, some special deivces that have several sensors in one might require you to use the actual deivce in the list in order to get all the sensors to show up and work vs. Just the main one.

So there’s nothing really wrong, it’s just how it reacts? It works fine, just have to get used to what percentage will give me the desired effect.

There should be a change in light from 100 to 60% but the bulbs could also have something to do with this. If you have any old bulbs to test swap them out and try some other bulbs. Or remove some bulbs and just put one or two regular bulbs and test to see if the switch shows any difference.