GCal3 trigger in PLEG won't stay true during event

So, I might just have found the issue. Even though I changed the original tGCal3SarasArbetstider to keyword and tripped it did not become true. But the test trigger did.

tGCal3SarasArbetstider	GCal3 - Saras arbets: Tripped	false	2016-02-25 05:15:12.104	2016-03-09 12:53:20.104
                     tGCalTest	GCal3 - Saras arbets: Tripped	false	2016-03-09 13:13:05.232	2016-03-09 13:16:00.859 

So digging deeper I found in PLEG advanced → Variables under Triggers that my original trigger had the value name of “gc_notify” insted of “Tripped” as my test trigger.

{'name':'tGCal3SarasArbetstider','device':'121','template':'1','service':'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1','args':[{'name':'gc_notify','op':'=','value':'1'}]},
             {'name':'tGCalTest','device':'121','template':'1','service':'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1','args':[{'name':'Tripped','op':'=','value':'1'}]},

Tried to change the trigger again, but value stayed. Then tried to edit directly in Triggers, but gc_notify value came back after Luup reload. I then removed the trigger, reloaded Luup, but to my surprise the trigger tGCal3SarasArbetstider is still there (under advanced → Variables). Am I doing something wrong and this is an expected behaviour?

Maybe it’s is PLEG causing my issues here and not GCal3?

\ Andreas

The Vera user interface is not very good at updating itself – this is a well known “design feature”. It’s one of those things that is not obvious (at first) but does explain why the vera developers are not sending rockets to the moon …

You can make a change - switch to a different tab (or back again) and it does not look like the change happened. This MAY be some of what you are seeing.

Pressing the F5 key will force a UI update and truly becomes part of the vera experience.

My routing is: change something, press F5 … change something, press F5 … change something, press F5 …

So - take a look again at what is happening and make sure to use F5 otherwise you cannot be sure that what you are reporting is real (that is to say that the changes are not happening).

Richard may have some specific advice on PLEG troubleshooting.

I’m learning something new every day, thanks again! :slight_smile:

I can confirm that my trigger disappeared after F5. But it seems like my issues actually was related to a misbehaving trigger in PLEG. Is that possible? Or can the UI/F5 issue have an effect on the underlying logics in the Vera as well? It seems unlikely as that would be considered as a broken software, right?

It’s certainly possible that you had trigger defined in PLEG that was not executing the way you intended :slight_smile:

I have never experienced F5 affecting anything other than a refresh of the UI.