GC100 plugin help

Hi All, Happy New Year!!!
I have a Vera system installed in my mother-in-laws house as she suffers from dementia. It controls the lights and tells us when she opens doors etc. Lately she is struggling with the TV remote control and I thought that it would be a good idea to use Vera schedules to change to switch on the TV and change channels at times when we know she enjoys shows. With this in mind I purchased a GlobalCache WF2IR unit and have set about trying to get it working.

I have successfully connected Vera UI7 to the WF2IR and Vera is able to turn her Samsung TV off using a scene with advanced editor - add action - selecting the GC100 port and adding the pronto code. All good so far. I now need to to be able to turn on the TV and switch it to channel 46 etc but i can’t work out how I would do that. All seems a bit clunky.

Anyone have any experience how to do this it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

I’m not sure if the GC100 is the same command-wise as the iTach line but I’ve done a good chunk of work developing some software that lets a user use an Android device as a touchscreen remote that can control iTach devices. What I’d do in this situation is create what you’d normally hear on remote control forums as a “macro”. Turn the TV on using the discrete ON command (you can usually find these online), wait long enough to where the TV would be on and ready to accept more commands, send the TV source command, wait as long as that normally takes, then send the command for 4, 6, and enter.

That being said, I did all that in software so I could handle the delays but I’d have no idea what you’d need to do in a scene to make that happen. Looks like you could set up the delays to handle the “wait” time.

Okay. I finally got everything on my LAN switched to the correct network so I played around with the GC100 plugin last night using my iTach IP2IR

All of this is assuming you’re running UI5
At the top of the Scene configuration screen you’ll see a text box for the scene name, to its right a select box that says “Immediate” by default, and a room association select box to its right. sceneDelays.png
If you drop down the “Immediate” box you’ll see a button that says “Manage Delays” manageDelays
Here you can enter the number of seconds, minutes, hours you want to delay from the beginning of the scene by entering a number and clicking the appropriate measure of time. It’ll add it to the list when you click.

When you’re on the “Advanced” tab where you’re entering the IR commands you’ll see a section for each delay. - delaysWithCommands
Select the correct delay in the select box that contains the delays and then select your GC100 device and click Add. You can see in my screengrab the macro for “Watch Roku”
It turns the TV and the receiver on, waits 2 seconds and switches the TV’s input, waits 2 more and switches the receiver’s input.

Hope this helps

Big Question, not related to this or almost. I wanted to write a plugin to control my TV and Cable Box via GC100. I have the GC100 working fine but setting up scenes for every function is crazy. So i wanted to take one of the TV remote plugins and send the commands into the GC100. Has anyone done anything like this? If so can you send over the details?

Thanks.