gc_retrip

Can someone explain gc_retrip?

[b]Configuration[/b]. Set this to false so that back-to-back events with the same name will be treated as one long event. Useful for repeating all-day events.

Compare that to this item on page 19 of the guide:

4. If there are two events with the same event name and the second event has the same start time as the end of the first ? they are viewed as one continuous event. i.e. the plugin does not ?untrigger? then ?retrigger?.

It sounds like #4 is active all the time, but the gc_retrip is a configuration. As far as I can tell #4 works for all-day events even though I have gc_retrip set to the default of true. Puzzling…

The wording on page 19 was left over from a prior version (before gc_retrip). When I next publish the documentation the wording will read:

1. If there are two (or more) events with the same event name and the second event has the same start time as the previous event end time:
    If gc_retrip is set to true (the default): the second event is treated as a separate event. i.e. the plugin will trigger on the start of each event in the sequence.
    If gc_retrip is set to false: the second event will be treated as an extension of the first. i.e. the plugin will only trigger on the first event in the sequence.

that means the same start time as the previous event’s end time? I’m pretty sure that is what is meant, just checking. Thanks.

Yep - fixed above. Thx