Garage door interface?

[quote=“guessed, post:793, topic:167215”]We’d had a discussion going on one of the other threads about using PGM’s as a mechanism for getting Vera-based state data “into” a traditional Alarm configuration:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10763.0.html

For folks with a 2DS unit, you can Pulse the PGM output using a URL like:

http://<veraIP>:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=61&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1&action=SendCommand&Command=071&Data=1*71

and can call it via Luup using a Lua snippet like:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1*71"}, 61)

The above examples will do the action on PGM1 ([tt]*71[/tt]). For PGM 2…4, substitute to get [tt]*72, *73 or *74[/tt].

In order to do this, you first need to set the Target PGM to not require a PIN Code. Many thanks to @strangely for this bit of DSC Configuration!!

No other changes were made to the generic DSC, and all testing was done using PGM1. For this setup, I have an LED wired across AUX+ and PGM1 (with an appropriate resistor). When the PGM is changed, the LED will light for ~7 seconds. Different PGM outputs have different default configurations, so check the manual to see what options are needed in your specific case.

If this needs to be wired to another Zone, as per the original discussion, then you’d need to use a Low Wattage Relay unit. I haven’t tested this part, but it should work also… as long as the Relay is low wattage (the PGM1 connection can only provide/sink 50mA @ 12v).

Wiring diagram is the standard one shown in places like:
Power without - (negative) terminal - Electronics | DSLReports Forums

For manual control of the PGM directly from the Alarm unit’s Keypad, users can directly key in [tt]*71, *72[/tt], etc.

As usual, use appropriate caution in this setup. Having Vera accidentally trigger an Alarm on a Managed/Monitored Alarm Panel may result in the Police arriving at your house unexpectedly… 8)[/quote]

Can this code be used with the Garage Door Plugin at:

http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/GarageDoor/

I have a door sensor through the DSC panel and I also have the Command Output 1 (PGM1) wired to open/close the door through a relay.

How do I create a way to actuate the PGM1 output through Mios UI5?

If you have a 2DS / EVL3, then you create a scene, and use the Luup example posted by @guessed a few posts back:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1*71"}, 61)

OK, I have successfully created the scene that works to open and close the door!

Now, can I use the Garage Door App to activate the scene?

I have associated the device ID of the door sensor from the DSC System to the “DoorSensorDevNum” in the Advanced tab of the GD app…

Would I then associate “DSCAlarmPanel1” “device” to the “DoorSwitchDevNumber” in the advanced tab in the GD app?

And, if so, how would I then tell it to run the Luup code that works the GD relay?

Or, instead, is there a way to use the “DoorSwitchDevNumber” field to simply run the scene that I created? (scene no. 3)

If you really want to use the garage door plugin without a separate appliance module or relay…

I’m not sure if this would work (since its a bit of a hack and I’m not sure the virtual switch code will work for this), but you could try associating the garage door plugin with a virtual switch (downloaded from the app store), and then for the scene you just created (the one that already fires the PGM), you could use the On action of the virtual switch as a “trigger” for your scene to run.

Obviously you’d have to associate the device number of the virtual switch with the garage door plugin first!

Attached is roughly how this would look in your scene.

I’ll play with the idea and post my results back on here soon! Thanks!

In theory it should work :slight_smile:

I will update the Garage Door plugin to support alternate ServiceID, Variable, Value tags for
toggling the control device. I will try to get this done in the next few weeks.

Not sure you need to toggle since the PGMs are already programmed with a timer that switches them on and off.

[quote=“strangely, post:2, topic:173723”]If you have a 2DS / EVL3, then you create a scene, and use the Luup example posted by @guessed a few posts back:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1*71"}, 61)[/quote]

Is anyone able to assist or advise why, when I try to use this code, (I tried it in the test screen in Vera and in an actual scene) it reports that the command was successful but nothing happens?

I have a relay connected to one of the PGM’s to open/close the garage door.

I have the DSC Alarm Plugin installed and working with an envisalink 3

If I try entering * 7 1 or * 7 4 on the dsc keypad or pressing the appropriate output button on the dsc touchscreen the desired output is activated as expected.

I also modified the code to reflect the desired output but still nothing :frowning:

I have also tried, I’m not even sure I have to / need to / should do, changing the command =“071” to 074 to try a different output although I don’t think this needs to be done but I’m trying anything and everything.

Any ideas?

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:7, topic:173723”]I will update the Garage Door plugin to support alternate ServiceID, Variable, Value tags for
toggling the control device. I will try to get this done in the next few weeks.[/quote]

@RichardTSchaefer

I’d be keen to get this working with the Garage Door Plugin also :slight_smile:

[quote=“Scottf, post:9, topic:173723”][quote=“strangely, post:2, topic:173723”]If you have a 2DS / EVL3, then you create a scene, and use the Luup example posted by @guessed a few posts back:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1*71"}, 61)[/quote]

Is anyone able to assist or advise why, when I try to use this code, (I tried it in the test screen in Vera and in an actual scene) it reports that the command was successful but nothing happens?

I have a relay connected to one of the PGM’s to open/close the garage door.

I have the DSC Alarm Plugin installed and working with an envisalink 3

If I try entering * 7 1 or * 7 4 on the dsc keypad or pressing the appropriate output button on the dsc touchscreen the desired output is activated as expected.

I also modified the code to reflect the desired output but still nothing :frowning:

I have also tried, I’m not even sure I have to / need to / should do, changing the command =“071” to 074 to try a different output although I don’t think this needs to be done but I’m trying anything and everything.

Any ideas?[/quote]
Not sure, but there maybe one or two programming changes that you need to make (make sure no PIN is required), also did you change the code to reflect the correct device number of your panel?

@strangely

I should learn from previous problems.

In the end I had to delete the scene, power down Vera, start it back up, re-create the scene and re-test.

Tried this and the door opens.

Not sure what going on with my unit, it’s like it’s running really slow or something, if I try and open a device most times I only end up with the outline of the device opening and I can see straight through it to the UI (I.e click on the spanner of a device, it opens up). I can see the tabs and click on these but same thing, it opens but only as an outline with the text visible tho faint :-/

Not sure if running the UI from an iPad has anything to do with it but previously had no issues

[quote=“strangely, post:4, topic:173723”]If you really want to use the garage door plugin without a separate appliance module or relay…

I’m not sure if this would work (since its a bit of a hack and I’m not sure the virtual switch code will work for this), but you could try associating the garage door plugin with a virtual switch (downloaded from the app store), and then for the scene you just created (the one that already fires the PGM), you could use the On action of the virtual switch as a “trigger” for your scene to run.

Obviously you’d have to associate the device number of the virtual switch with the garage door plugin first!

Attached is roughly how this would look in your scene.[/quote]

Did anyone get this working?

I’ve tried with only limited success.

It works perfectly when the scene is manually triggered, I have the virtual switch installed as well as the garage door plugin, have the device numbers for both set and also set the trigger but the door doesn’t open :frowning:

The garage door plugin changes state, indicating the that the sensor is tripped and goes into an unlocked state and vice versa but that is it.

Would be good to not have to use the virtual switch :-p anything to make it easier

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:7, topic:173723”]I will update the Garage Door plugin to support alternate ServiceID, Variable, Value tags for
toggling the control device. I will try to get this done in the next few weeks.[/quote]

Does anyone know if the garage door plugin has been updated to allow you to use a PGM output from a DSC alarm panel to open/close a garage door?

I just installed it, and it seems to be getting the proper status of my garage doors from my DSC alarm panel using the DSC Alarm plugin. I simply set the “DoorSensorDevNum” to the device that matches the zone for my garage door.

I don’t yet have the contact modules to take action on the doors. Does anyone know if it works with the ZFM-80 or does it require the ZRF113?

[quote=“avmike, post:15, topic:173723”]I just installed it, and it seems to be getting the proper status of my garage doors from my DSC alarm panel using the DSC Alarm plugin. I simply set the “DoorSensorDevNum” to the device that matches the zone for my garage door.

I don’t yet have the contact modules to take action on the doors. Does anyone know if it works with the ZFM-80 or does it require the ZRF113?[/quote]

@avmike

Thanks for the feedback.

I can get the status also but I’m looking to get the control of opening and closing the door with the plugin through the PGM output. I haven’t been able to get this working as yet.

@Scott
Sorry for the delay … I have been working on something else … I will try to get to this …

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:17, topic:173723”]@Scott
Sorry for the delay … I have been working on something else … I will try to get to this …[/quote]

No worries, we all have other things that take priority. :slight_smile:

Look forward to a fix / update when your able

Btw, I specifically don’t represent the PGMs as switches because (across alarms) they behave differently wrt being reset. They’re all some sort of Pulse (action), but with different behaviors for their reset… Often configurable, and often not poll able through the APi.

If implemented as a switch, there’s often no way to determine when it would need to switch back.

These Lua (above) could be implemented as well known actions within the plugin, since these don’t require persistent state.

[quote=“Fitzy, post:12, topic:173723”]@strangely

I should learn from previous problems.

In the end I had to delete the scene, power down Vera, start it back up, re-create the scene and re-test.

Tried this and the door opens.

Not sure what going on with my unit, it’s like it’s running really slow or something, if I try and open a device most times I only end up with the outline of the device opening and I can see straight through it to the UI (I.e click on the spanner of a device, it opens up). I can see the tabs and click on these but same thing, it opens but only as an outline with the text visible tho faint :-/

Not sure if running the UI from an iPad has anything to do with it but previously had no issues[/quote]

Hi Fitzy and everyone,
I am new to Vera, but not to working with the IT-100 and my DSC panel. I was controlling it manually sending direct IT-100 commands. I can activate PGM 1 *71 from the keypads and from ‘Housebot’ using the IT-100 command by writing ‘02011F4’ directly to the IT-100 interface and everything works just fine. (so its not a PIN issue). I am getting a 501 error back from the IT-100…which is the Command Error that Fritzy was was getting previously getting. I tried everything Fritzy did to get this working…still the same recurring problem. the IT-100 documentation says this is because of a bad checksum.
I am using the code found in the forums for my scene. the log excerpt is (I substituted for the device number):

08 02/14/14 14:10:35.811 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 0 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1 action: RunScene <0x2e45b680>
08 02/14/14 14:10:35.812 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument SceneNum=8 <0x2e45b680>
08 02/14/14 14:10:35.812 Scene::RunScene running 8 DSC troubleshoot pgm <0x2e45b680>
08 02/14/14 14:10:35.812 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1 action: SendCommand <0x2e45b680>
08 02/14/14 14:10:35.813 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Command=071 <0x2e45b680>
08 02/14/14 14:10:35.813 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Data=171 <0x2e45b680>
50 02/14/14 14:10:35.813 luup_log:: DSCAlarmPanel: debug Action::SendCommand: 071 Data:1
71 <0x2e45b680>
50 02/14/14 14:10:35.851 luup_log:: DSCAlarmPanel: debug processIncoming:: Command=501, Data=‘’, Checksum=96 <0x2e85b680>
50 02/14/14 14:10:35.851 luup_log:: DSCAlarmPanel: debug Panel::Command Error <0x2e85b680>

This is driving me crazy as to why Vera will not send the correct command.

Is there a way to use Lua to do a write direct to the port? I can try that.

Any/all help would be awesomely appreciated!

Kevin