Foscam

Read everything I can find to add a Foscam camera…Got the app down loaded ect…Cant get it to show up. Model F19821W

Thoughts?

There is a thread in here somewhere that explains how to add them manually, this is how I had to add the last couple of Foscam camera’s. It seems everytime there is an update it changes the way you have to add the Foscam Camera’s, you use to be able to just add the camera and it picked up the camera and motion sensor, but that is no longer the case. Use the Search Feature, if you search… you will find…

Foscam plugin from MCV app store is discontinued ? I have installed mine using the app store and think this is for all the best way to do the things.

no app in MCV app store sounds like MCV do not approval the plugin. or this is not right ?

foscam plugin is replaced with vistacam pt/hd plugin and motion detect plugin. install plugins and when they are installed and vera is ready again, you just power-cycle the camera and it will find it automaticly.

Thanks dajojo all my 4 cameras is running fine.

Can someone help me to get my Foscam FI8910W working?
I’m trying to add it with the plugins mentioned before but it’s not detected.

Best Regards,
Javier

first connect the camera to your router by ethernet cable.
use the program provided in cd of the camera and do the settings ip, etc. or if used in wifi mode set this and put password, etc.

note the ip the camera is using.
install the plugin and put this ip address in the advanced tab.

with me this steps works.

[quote=“Piwtorak, post:7, topic:175209”]first connect the camera to your router by ethernet cable.
use the program provided in cd of the camera and do the settings ip, etc. or if used in wifi mode set this and put password, etc.

note the ip the camera is using.
install the plugin and put this ip address in the advanced tab.

with me this steps works.[/quote]

Hi!

I did that and I’m able to connect to my camera without problems using the web service, but when I try to add It on my Vera Lite it’s not detected. I’m using the plugins mentioned in this post.

Thanks,
Javier

do you already try uninstall the plugin and install again ?

Yes I did it! But It’s not recognized by my vera lite.
Currently I using this firmware:

• Device Firmware Version: 11.37.2.49

Thanks,
Javier

Hi again!

I’ve followed these instructions and now is working:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14820.0.html

The only problem is that I can’t get PTZ settings working.

Thanks
Javier

install vistacam + motiondetect plugins… wait for it to be ready then reboot the vera
set the ip-cam port to 80
powercycle the ip-cam and it should find it automaticly

hi, i just upgraded from UI4 to UI5. my panasonic camera is fine but the controls of foscam8918 do not work anymore. shall i install the foscam plugin? any thoughts.

as stated before… there is no foscam plugin anymore , its replaced with vistacam plugin

as stated before… there is no foscam plugin anymore , its replaced with vistacam plugin[/quote]
There is a foscam plugin that I installed but didn’t work anyway. Ok I will install the vistacam thanks

then it would be better to uninstall the foscam plugin > reload vera > install vistacam plugin > reboot vera > set IP-Cam to port 80 and powercycle it. it will find it automaticly when UPnP auto-discovery is on in the vera

did everything you said but still controls did not work. when i change to port 80 from port 8081, vera cannot find the camera. for now camera is viewable without controls in vera. anyway i have controls working in “LiveCamsPro” and “camviewer”. thanks.

auto-discovery is limited to port 80 alas, hence the port-change. i have a modified foscam HD implementation file from jucca for the HD cam to work with PTZ and preset. look in the vistacam topic here : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11027.msg112616.html#msg112616

hi DA_JoJo, with your advice the buttons of the foscam in vera were all working after installing the vistacam plugin. i unstalled the plugin because there were 2 icons (duplicate-i actually have only 1 foscam) in my vera dashboard. after unintalling, rebooting, etc, there is only 1 foscam icon in my dashboard but none of the buttons work. any additional advice please.

change in advanced settings of the ipcam the impl_file to I_Foscam98HD.xml and set login for the ipcam