Foscam with Blue Iris & Vera

Greetings all,

In the process of buying our first home so I’m planning out our home automation system.

I have a couple of questions.

• Can a Foscam (FI8910W) be used with Blue Iris for recording and be connected through my VeraEdge box (for live monitoring and two way audio) at the same time ?

• Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I will give it a shot, will a Wireless Foscam continue to record to Blue Iris if the internet goes out ?..but the wireless network that the Foscam is connected to Blue Iris through remains up with no interruption ?

Blue iris plug-in doesn’t pass audio

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Dscritch420, post:2, topic:189610”]Blue iris plug-in doesn’t pass audio

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Foscams are a piece of crap and Audio doesn’t work right anyways. I have never been able to have a useful 2 way communication on a foscam. Listening is ok.

Also blueiris app blows away trying to view or listen in vera. Vera is not made for video or seeing playback.

Thanks for responses.

One last question.

If I have a basic DVR system with the DVR plugin and the cams visible from within Vera is there anyway to pass movement detection notifications from the cam\DVR to Vera ?

[quote=“fzuazo, post:4, topic:189610”]Thanks for responses.

One last question.

If I have a basic DVR system with the DVR plugin and the cams visible from within Vera is there anyway to pass movement detection notifications from the cam\DVR to Vera ?[/quote]

That’s going to depend on the DVR but I think your answer is going to be NO. You need a DVR that detects motion and can send a custom HTTP message out when it needs to. BLUE Iris is powerful and can do this. There might be some DVR’s also but probley not what your thinking of.