Foscam motion sensor won't bypass via scene control

I can easily arm it via the device screen manually or via scene or via the advanced by choosing “SetArmed”, but selecting bypass doesn’t really bypass it unless you click on it manually on the devices screen.

When clicking on the bypass button (as an action) while editing a scene, it doesn’t do anything when the scene triggers. Also in the advanced tab (of a scene) there is only an option for “SetArmed”…nothing for bypass (I attached a screen shot below). So there is no way to scene the process of bypassing the motion detectors. No matter what, you have to manually log in and turn them off by hand (and obviously that isn’t going to work in such an automation system scenario)

This is starting to make me go mad. I have had the cameras going for months now and no matter the mode the network is in…no matter the scene…they always bug the crap out of me when they aren’t supposed to. I don’t want to manually disable them because I need them for security. For example, when you unlock the door there is a scene. Part of the actions for that scene are I clicked on “bypass” for the sensor in the scene’s device tab. Now…I unlock the door, step outside…poof…motion sensor triggers. If I set up ANY scene that involves that bypass button…they still trigger.

Any ideas?

Also…every single time it detects motion…a few moments later it detects motion again (every time) even though there is nothing there the second time. That is very odd and tiring as I haven’t been able to find anything in the scenes that could trigger it (ie, nothing makes the camera move during this time). The only time they trigger oddly is if I move the camera while armed using vera or my cellphone, or manually click bypass and then click arm (arming it triggers it one time).

It is really odd and feels like a lot of maintenance and attention being spent on what feels should be a simple feature.

Mine arms and bypasses. Do you have the separate motion detector listed in devices? I just arm or disarm that and it seems to work properly.

I do have another foscam on the network with it’s accompanied motion sensor but it’s never armed since the position for that camera is for camera only (no need for sensor). Still, that’s an odd scenario as well. You shouldn’t have to disarm one sensor to get another sensor to work.

have you put the admin account in the ip-cam settings ? it doesnt disarm/arm when it does not have a admin account for the ip-cam
i use it like this in a scene :
doorsensor tripped triggers scene with ip-cam that disarm ip-cam sensor, goto preset door, arm ip-cam sensor. and a trigger when door-sensor is disarmed > disarm ipcam sensor ,goto preset center, arm ipcam sensor. and a trigger that when windowsensor tripped > disarm ip-cam sensor, goto preset center, arm ip-cam sensor. works for me.

[quote=“Da_JoJo, post:4, topic:176037”]have you put the admin account in the ip-cam settings ? it doesnt disarm/arm when it does not have a admin account for the ip-cam
i use it like this in a scene :
doorsensor tripped triggers scene with ip-cam that disarm ip-cam sensor, goto preset door, arm ip-cam sensor. and a trigger when door-sensor is disarmed > disarm ipcam sensor ,goto preset center, arm ipcam sensor. and a trigger that when windowsensor tripped > disarm ip-cam sensor, goto preset center, arm ip-cam sensor. works for me.[/quote]

Yes, the Camera device in vera (its other half) does have the user and pass set in the advanced settings tab to the camera. Of course if it didn’t have this information, the motion sensor control wouldn’t be the only issue (instead no features at all would work).

ah i see what u mean now… i have the same in new scene… no implementation for disarm motionsensor indeed. u can use luup for it though
os.execute(‘curl -g “http://ip:port of ipcam/set_alarm.cgi?motion_armed=0&user=admin&pwd=password, 5”’)

edit:
for IR on/off use these
IR off luup.inet.wget(‘http://’ … luup.devices[lul_device].ip … ‘/decoder_control.cgi?command=94’,5, lug_Username, lug_Password)

IR on     luup.inet.wget('http://' .. luup.devices[lul_device].ip .. '/decoder_control.cgi?command=95',5, lug_Username, lug_Password)

perhaps this will work as well :
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1”, “Armed”, “0”, <devicenumber_of_motionsensor_of_ipcam>)

for complaining about the thing not work see here [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11027.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11027.0.html[/url]

edit: added the missing IR on / off stuff :slight_smile:

[quote=“Da_JoJo, post:6, topic:176037”]…
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1”, “Armed”, “0”, <devicenumber_of_motionsensor_of_ipcam>)

for complaining about the thing not work see here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11027.0.html[/quote]

Hoorah! That actually worked! I am still getting a false trigger of the motion detection however the second the sensor comes back online. Just like if you manually click “Bypass” …wait a few moments…then manually click arm…boom…motion detected scene is triggered. Same with this…the scene used your idea here via lua and it works but it also has a 5min delay and turns it back on. The second it comes back on…boom…motion detected.

It would work best if either:

1. the sensor had an internal delay of 2 seconds after being armed so that arming it doesn’t trigger anything.
    or
  2. Vera had an option to cause a tmp delay to a scene from the actions of another. For example, if you had an option in the advanced tab to set a delay to a specific scene…you can set your delay right before arming the sensing and set that delay to 2 second or so.

For some reason it doesn’t like being armed as it always thinks it’s motion.

Also, I posted in that thread now pointing this one out so they can review.

delay in scene can be done. when you make new scene there is a button next to the “new scene” name called Immediate. press that and add a delay for 2 secs and select the 2 secs delay and set there the motionsensor to arm

I was referring to delaying one scene from monitoring actions temporarily from via another scene.

In other words…take what I said into account. When you manually click on bypass in the main device tab, wait a few moments and then click on arm…the other scene which monitors motion is triggered because for some reason whenever you arm the motion sensor it causes a the sensor to go off. Same thing happens with Da_JoJo’s newly discovered disarm work-around using scenes.

So it would be nice to temporarily “mute” (2-3 seconds) the scene that reacts to motion when the scene that arms the motion sensor is turned on. That way turning the sensor on doesn’t trigger it at the same time.

not possible i think. the problem is with the IP-Cam software. perhaps new firmware on foscam IP-cam will solve it