Foscam camera is burning my Vera CPU

Hi All,

after sometime of analysis, I discovered that is my Foscam Camera taking a lot of Vera CPU.
When disconcerted CPU is about 0.2, when connected about 0.9.

Maybe I put a wrong string in the url or wrong timeout/etc.

Attached two screenshot of my Foscam 890X.

May I ask your support to solve this issue? Thanks!!!
Matteo

I have removed all Cameras from VERA for performance issues. VERA is not a DVR nor is it very good at passing threw video. Leaves it choppy do to 1 frame ever few secs. There is alot better options then running the cameras threw VERA.

What app are you using to view Vera or your cameras? A few apps have the ability to stream the camera’s independently of Vera and a few others are working on it. This will improve you cameras stream and remove the load from VERA while letting you view your cameras in the same app as VERA.

Also just so you know you blurred out your password on one picture, but you left it along with the username in the other port and everything in the other.

Also everything in settings looks good to me.

Thank you both for your comment!
i’m using the superb Homewave, but as today the app is reading the camera from Vera. no directly.
Having removed the ringbuffer and changed to 0, CPU slow down a bit.

I have always loved to have centralised all my stuff in one home automation box, but now this issue of the camera can let me change idea.

Strange on the other side that newer Foscam with better resolution doesn’t have this issue (no CPU issue).

Guys, removing the ring buffer buffer value and setting in to 0, my CPU is much lower now. About 0.25!!!
Good!!!

[quote=“teonebello, post:5, topic:187033”]Guys, removing the ring buffer buffer value and setting in to 0, my CPU is much lower now. About 0.25!!!
Good!!![/quote]

Homewave is currently working on supporting Camera’s outside of VERA. Hopefully next update.

We talk about it in this post.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30763.0.html