📈 Forum activity check

Since this new forum was introduced I see only a few “new” posts per week. Is this forum dead compared to the old forum.micasaverde.com one? There was more activity there…

Ebbs and flows. A lot less repetition (maybe due to better search? People finding what they’re looking for more easily?). Fewer problems on the newer firmware may be part of it as well. I don’t think it’s a huge difference, and I think when the next firmware and new hardware start to see the light of day, it will pick up quite predictably with posts of every topic and temperament.

A few a week? I’ve had about 30 today. It may be your preferences are not showing you un-read / new (for in this brave, new forum new topics are not unread posts!) posts?

C

ok, changed a setting. hope this gives me more. In the startpage I have only 12 new posts today… that used to be about 50 in the old one.

I say it’s pretty solid and it will get better once the new hardware, software, firmware updates for the existing hardware, and services will start to roll in.

Registered and HUMAN users visit us and it’s their choice if they want to engage with a reply or a like or PM to other users, or simply browsing. It reaches its purpose to make information easy to find and easy to engage with other users. As an example, I’m reading an average of 106 registered online users per day on the old forum, compared to the more than double on the new forum.

Unfortunately, the old forum averages were invalid because they were greatly offset by spam signups, spam posts, and spam replies. We have practically zero spam with the new forum.

We’ve also started to cover many of the pain points of the users that were generating content(albeit negative) (Device compatibility, Alexa localizations, Platform Stability, and more to follow)

Through this topic, I must also give a big THANKS to everyone that has been contributing to the wellbeing of the community with their knowledge, ideas, time or products like plugins. It makes it that much better of a Community.

4 Likes

I’ve had 11 since lunch…

C

I’m pretty sure that number only reflects the number of topics something new was posted in since last you read them and that there could be any number of actual posts that are new inside those topics.

@slelieveld Pretty sure it’s rock solid!

1 Like

Good for you! I think it is solid as well. But since 4 days I only have 15 “new”. Settings are set to “see all” as new. So Its not dead but certainly not very alive.

There’s something amiss then as I’ve had more new posts than that this afternoon

As this is my last unread post. I’ll see what it tells me when I get back in a couple of hours

C

What “new” do you have then in an afternoon?

I have in 4 days:
Fibaro Walli

General Discussions \ 25x25 0 8 2h
Ping Sensor not possible to install?

Ping Sensor \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 5 35 2h
Virtual RGB device plug-in to control Wifi lights?

General Plugin Discussion \ 25x25 0 6 2h
Are thermostats supported in VC?

Vera Concierge \ 25x25 \ 25x25 1 17 4h
ZWave Lock Battery Consumption

Security, Sensors & Access Control \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 10 74 6h
LuaUPnP crash on starting activity

Harmony Hub Control \ 25x25 \ 25x25 3 23 13h
GC100 - What to expect?

General Plugin Discussion \ 25x25 \ 25x25 4 57 16h
See a pure unaltered feed from the panel?

DSC Alarm System

dsc \ 25x25 0 19 1d
VeraMate Alerts & Geofencing?

VeraMate (iOS) \ 25x25 \ 25x25 1 34 2d
VeraLink sensors regularly “not responting, then responding again 45 minutes later after 7.0.29

Bugs, Improvements & Integrations

bugreport \ 25x25 0 23 2d
VeraPlus ZWave Chip Failed After Support Did Something

General Discussions \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 6 90 2d
Expressions don’t export values to dataMine2

Reactor \ 25x25 \ 25x25 4 34 2d
Password protect for local login

Security, Sensors & Access Control \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 \ 25x25 3 57 3d
Missing Luup File

General Vera Discussions \ 25x25 \ 25x25 1 53 3d
Low Battery Device Warning Over Sonos

Projects & Ideas \ 25x25 0 36 3d

In two hours only 3 posts :smiley: . I’ll keep up the count for you

C

3 new threads and 7 unread posts in other threads overnight…

C

Yes me too with this amount.

No new since this morning… :thinking:

Had another 6 or 7

C

Another 8…

C

Ok to the point… this forum is a bit slow because there aren’t that many users. I am also on he HA forum which I have practically never seen more than 10 min between 2 posts and is very difficult to keep up with… So it is all relative. I wouldn’t call it dead but hopefully more users will come in and share their experience and problems. As @rigpapa said, it could be because there are fewer problems or that people just gave up hope on getting the problems fixed or that they moved on to other platforms. I think this forum remains a great source of information and help.

I think the OP has hit one of the (several, if I’m honest) things I don’t like about this software

1. Unread != unread. It only shows unread posts in topics that you are ‘tracking’ So you have to track every topic if you want a complete picutre
  2. New Topic != Unread. I’m not even going there.
  3. Latest view still makes you scroll through stuff you’ve read. And you have to go to the latest view because, well, point 2

C

Rafale77, yes agreed, I don’t see a lot of well knowns a lot anymore (amg, richard shaeffer, forgot his name but he wrote the previous best app before imperihome to control vera, etc.). And sorry Melih, but I would have expected a lot more since the takeover.

I am still a big big fan of Vera!

But the (ongoing) lack op proper device support for zwave devices is killing my appetite. And I think the fact that having all my automation built in Vera and migrating to another platform is not a simple project still keeps me with Vera…

1 Like