Force WiFi mode: the APP use cellular mode. Also loss of service from iPhone

Hello,
First of all, let me say that you did a great job with Veramate, the App is spectacular from a design point of view. I can customise any way I want. Super.

I have installed it on multiple devices, but where is shine is on an old iPod, I have built a frame and I use it as home controller. This has the wow factor.

Let’s go to the issues. I have 2 in particular:

• The App connect via cellular instead of WiFi. Of course the iPod has no cellular, so when it say cellular I am assuming that it connects to the remote server. In fact there is a 2 sec delay when I turn on/off lights, while the vera app does not have this delay.
    I also tried guest mode: with this mode I am directly connected via WiFi (confirmed via Vera Box section) and there is no delay at all. Obviously this mode for me is not possible since I loose the ability to sync via google drive configurations/icons/positions across devices.

• The second issue (related to the first) is that on my iPhone I was experiencing continuous loss of services, long delay connecting, and when I was turning on/off a light nothing was happening. Also the iPhone was always using cellular instead of the local WiFi. I decided to reset the App, and now I am not able to connect at all (only guess mode works). I am attaching a screen shoot.

My Asks:

• How do you decide if you need to use the cellular (I think you mean server mode) or WiFi? Can you have a setting that forces WiFi?
    A quick fix could be to have something like guess mode that recognise the serial number and allow me to load/sync configuration based on the serial number. Right now when I am in guess mode the serial number is the ip address of the unit, and not the actual serial number. Also the name is “Remote Vera” and I do not have the ability to change it.
    Maybe you can make the serial number and the name editable to allow config sync

• Please fix the fact I cannot login anymore from my iPhone after resetting the APP. My iPod is still connected using the server.

I have the latest App installed and in my vera account I have registered 4 Veras in 2 different homes.

Kind Regards

Hello,
the loss of service from my iPhone is gone with the new version. This was due to the fact I have multiple Vera under one account.

Regarding forcing WiFi mode? if there a solution?

Glad the connection is better now. 10.12 tried to handle some further connection issues which I was seeing when connecting to the micasaverde servers, so I think it does a fairly good job now.

VeraMate makes the choice for the best connection - this will be on wifi as a primary choice, and falls back to micasaverde servers if there is a problem attempting to use wifi. It will then make periodic checks if it is connected to wifi, to use the direct connection.

There is a known problem here though, were to detect the local vera, it uses a micasaverde service - if this service fails or has load issues, VeraMate can’t detect the local vera. I have code which actually bypasses micasaverde for this, but I have not checked/tested this as yet (as 99% of the time, the MCV service does work).

It is thusly my opinion that this should be transparent to the user; I will work on using that better code and bypass MCV in the future though.