Fix for Somfy devices - Version 1.95

The changes for Somfy devices made in version 1.94 omitted some necessary updates. The attached zip file contains only two updated files. It’s only necessary to upload these files if you’re using Somfy devices.
RFXtrxPlugIn1.95.zip (61.5 KB)

1 Like

Works ok for me. Thanks.

Hi,
Finaly, I revert back to previous version… Windows covering didn’t respond to Activator down action.

have a nice day.

I’ve posted version 1.96 in this forum. I believe it will resolve the issue you described.

okay, thanks.
I will test that fix and make a return here.

Hello i have been away for some time now and my Somfy has stop working i updated it to 1,96 but i think i created them with RFY command from beginning must i recreate again all my awnings ?

thanks for all good input and hard work :slight_smile:

What version of the plugin were you using before you updated to 1.96?

Hello 1,86 :slight_smile: But removed all those devices and added them again now they work :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hi there,
can you tell me now guys what should I do before I will upgrade my FW to 1.7.4970? I would like to keep my somfy blinds setting as it.
Do I have to install plugin first and then upgrade?
Thank you for your tips!
Eva

Upgrading the Vera firmware SHOULD have no impact on your Somfy blinds. If you already have the RFXtrx plugin installed then upgrading the Vera firmware will not do anything to change that. I have had no problems with my RFXtrx devices during firmware upgrades but of course I have no Somfy devices either. Others in this community have had significant problems after upgrading the Vera firmware but AFAIK no one has had problems specifically related to the RFXtrx plugin or the devices it communicates with.

@tinman
No, I did not upgrade the RFXtrx plugin yet. Do I have to do it before upgrading Vera FM? If yes, can you tell me how to do it, please?

You can upgrade the plugin before or after you upgrade the Vera firmware. It should make no difference. All of the plugin files are in a ZIP file here: Plugin update Version 1.96 - USB RFXtrx Transceiver - Ezlo Community
That post shows which files have been modified since the last version. If you have version 1.95 installed you only need to upload the modified files. You can also upload all the files (except the .png icon files) using the Vera UI Apps → Develop apps → Luup files → Upload.
Icon files must be copied to /www/cmh/skins/default/icons/ There are several ways to do this but the easiest way is to use WinSCP. The Vera hub upload process should recognize icon files and handle them properly but at this time it does not.