Fix for pairing Somfy

I’ve found a bug which would prevent proper pairing when adding Somfy blinds devices. Unzip and upload the attached file. Since I don’t have any Somfy devices I can’t fully test this but I believe that I’ve resolved the problem. The bug prevented the transmission of a command. That command is now being sent.

i would love to try this the next days. But what would be the best way to first unpair my connection?

FYI I used rfxmngr to set the ID’s to let it work with Vera.

If you have a device in Vera that you created in a previous attempt to pair with your Somfy, I’d delete it. The just follow the steps from the application note APNT-79 on Vesternet.

Ok, but will deleting the device also wipe the settings of the ID? as I made those setttings before with my laptop and rfxmngr?

Deleting the device in Vera should not have any impact on the device ID so you should not have to rediscover it using RFXmngr.

I am trying to include an awning in my Vera Plus and it is Somfy RFY but the “subtype” is ASA. The awning Works perfectly when managed from the Laptop through RFXmngr but I can’t make it work in the Vera Plus. Is there any solution to this RFY / ASA?
Thanks

Currently the plugin does not specifically handle the the ASA subtype. If you want to try a bit of a hack, do this:
Find your awning in the Vera Devices tab and click the “>”
In the advanced tab modify the altid from WC/RFY0/???/?? to WC/RFY3/???/?? (don’t change the ? characters)
When you hit “Enter” the change will be saved
In the Vera Apps → Develop Apps → Luup files page download the L_RFXtrx.lua file
Save an unmodified copy of this file in case this hack doesn’t work
Edit the file:
Find the three instances of this line: elseif ((string.len(id) == 16) and (string.sub(id, 1, 8) == “WC/RFY0/”))
Modify it to look like this: elseif ((string.len(id) == 16) and (string.sub(id, 1, 6) == “WC/RFY”))
Upload the modified file to Vera
Vera will reload luup
You may have to refresh your browser
Try it out. It it doesn’t work, upload the unmodified L_RFXtrx.lua file and undo the changes to the altid of your awning.

I’m working on a redesign of the code that handles the creation of messages transmitted to the transceiver. The goal is to make adding new devices and subtypes much easier. This is turning out to be a pretty big change. It going to take a fair amount of work and time.

I changed the altid and modified the lua file as proposed and it doesn’t work. I will keep on following any news that may appear for its implementation.
Thanks a lot.

Took me a while before i got around to testing this out, but it works a treat.
Thank you Tinman for putting out this fix, i have a client who is now stoked that he can control all 14 of his blinds from his Phone.

Keep up the good work.

I can also confirm the fix:
With the version 1.61 of the plugin pairing of Somfy blind doesn’t work, and with the file you have posted it works.

Hi Tinman,
Is there any news about the possible inclusion of ASA subtype in the menu of the Vera Plus for RFY devices in the new expected software release?
Thanks a lot

Hi Tinman,
Finally, the solution you offered IS WORKING PERFECTLY. I repeated all the steps again carefully and it is alright.
Thanks a lot for your support and help!!

Hi Tinman,

I meet a similar problem since 2017.
I have Somfy RTS blind covers which I included in Vera Plus (UI7) with RFXTrx in august 2017.
In october I tried to include a new blind, without success as Vera had upgraded its firmware.
It was impossible to create a new device.
So I must downgrade my Vera+, restore it to factory default, make a backup from state in August, create and include the new blindcover.
Now I’d liked to add new devices with Rfx trx, but its still impossible to create anyone.
After reading this topic, I upgraded the RFX trx plug-in which was on 1.0 version, to 1.82 and 1.87.
After that, It was impossible to command any blind cover, and scenes with them were unoperating.
So I made a back-up to state before upgrading plug-in, and all works again, but it’s still impossible to create any device.
So your help would be welcomed.
My controller is now on 1.7.4453 firmware version.
Excuse my imperfect English
Best regards

To confirm your current situation: you are running 1.7.4453 Vera firmware and version 1.87 of the RFXtrx plugin? Are you able to control any Somfy devices? But you cannot add new devices?

Thanks for your quick answer.
My Vera + runs 1.7.4453 firmware.
RFXtrx plug-in runs version 1.0 (I bought it in 2017)
All my Somfy RTS devices work without problem, but I can’t add any other device, regardless the type, for example Chacon.
When I try to create a new device, I get the message “Vera will reload to validate the changes…” and nothing happens after, even if I reload the page by Ctrl+F5.

I tried to upgrade RFXtrx to version1.87 : after that no Somfy device works.
So I’ve returned to version1.0 in order to open and close my blind covers. But it’s again impossible to add a new device.
I also must precise that RFXtrx firmware is the factory one. I did not upgrade it because, according to the user’s guide, all parameters should be set again after that.
Regards.

Version 1.0 of the RFXtrx plugin is the basis for the current version. The original developer abandoned this plugin more than 3 years ago. I would suggest that eventually you will have to transition to the latest version of the plugin as any problems that could possibly be related to the plugin cannot reasonably be investigated when using the 3+ year old version.
I do not have any Somfy devices so I cannot on my own try to duplicate the issues you are experiencing. The RFXtrx User Guide has information on moving Somfy devices from one RFXtrx to another. It may be that those instructions would apply in this situation.
I have often upgraded the RFXtrx firmware and all the parameters (protocols, plugin settings) are maintained - I’ve not had to set any parameters that had already been set before upgrading.

I 'll try to fix my issue as follows: upgrading RFXtrx plugin to version1.87, and seeing if then the creation of a new device is possible.
If so, I’ll delete one of my Somfy device and tempt to recreate and pair it.
If this trick works, I’ll make it for all my blind covers.
Before all that, I’ll upgrade the firmware of the RFXtrx.
I’ll inform you of the results.
Thanks for help.
Regards.

Successfull operation!
RFXtrx with latest firmware version and 1.87 plugin version.
I have deleted all my window covers, then recreated and paired one by one.
Fortunately I do not have an Hollywood mansion !!