Firmware upgrade to 1.7.481 has brought instability, odd behavior & lost devices

Hello, I have already reached out to tech support about the issues I experienced after upgrading to version 1.7.481 last week, but have not received a reply or acknowledgement. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems and can offer advice.

It took a lot of effort to get veralite working acceptably using the previous firmware. I delayed updating to firmware 1.7.481 to see what issues the more-adventurous would encounter. Even though I had this piece-of-rubbish working OK, there were still problems with lost connections to devices and the Aeon extender always appearing in the “off” state. I was hoping the firmware update would address these issues, but it has not.

Updating to 1.7.481 has introduced new issues:

• The “modes” now switch auto magically from “Night” to “Home”. I use “night” mode to activate senors and disable some lights I don’t want triggered by motion. “Night” mode is triggered using the web interface (Android and Aeon remote no longer work in triggering it). Veralite does not remain in Night mode. It toggles to “Night” mode, but returns to “Home” mode after random periods of time.

• All PIR and door sensors have gone missing. They now appear as “cannot configure”. I ran “heal/repair” for more than 3 times to no avail. I have 20 sensors that are no longer “configured”, although it appears that they are still triggering my scenes randomly. After upgrading to this firmware, my inside and outside lights are turning on randomly as if my house were an amusement arcade.

It has been several days since I contacted Vera tech support for assistance but have not heard back. Something tells me that they are overwhelmed.

Does anyone have similar experience with the latest firmware 1.7.481 or can offer advice on what to do? I don’t want to reset to factory defaults because my switches and sensors are in hard-to-reach areas. I would sooner scrap this piece of xxxx and take my chances with controller.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
Jon

[quote=“jjarokermc, post:1, topic:185206”]Hello, I have already reached out to tech support about the issues I experienced after upgrading to version 1.7.481 last week, but have not received a reply or acknowledgement. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems and can offer advice.

It took a lot of effort to get veralite working acceptably using the previous firmware. I delayed updating to firmware 1.7.481 to see what issues the more-adventurous would encounter. Even though I had this piece-of-rubbish working OK, there were still problems with lost connections to devices and the Aeon extender always appearing in the “off” state. I was hoping the firmware update would address these issues, but it has not.

Updating to 1.7.481 has introduced new issues:

• The “modes” now switch auto magically from “Night” to “Home”. I use “night” mode to activate senors and disable some lights I don’t want triggered by motion. “Night” mode is triggered using the web interface (Android and Aeon remote no longer work in triggering it). Veralite does not remain in Night mode. It toggles to “Night” mode, but returns to “Home” mode after random periods of time.

• All PIR and door sensors have gone missing. They now appear as “cannot configure”. I ran “heal/repair” for more than 3 times to no avail. I have 20 sensors that are no longer “configured”, although it appears that they are still triggering my scenes randomly. After upgrading to this firmware, my inside and outside lights are turning on randomly as if my house were an amusement arcade.

It has been several days since I contacted Vera tech support for assistance but have not heard back. Something tells me that they are overwhelmed.

Does anyone have similar experience with the latest firmware 1.7.481 or can offer advice on what to do? I don’t want to reset to factory defaults because my switches and sensors are in hard-to-reach areas. I would sooner scrap this piece of xxxx and take my chances with controller.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
Jon[/quote]

Jon
I received ths message today from Tech Support it may help you understand that this remotes don’t play well with UI7.xxx.

Hi Bob,

This remote is notorious because it seems to send ?random? commands on the same button. Sometimes it sends the correct command, some time it does not. Some people get it to work ?by accident? just because it happens that the remote is sending the correct signals that time.
These topics on our forums, are related to this remote:
http://bit.ly/156aCnu
http://bit.ly/1Ca72Dw

However, logs have been gathered and a report has been sent to the development team, and hopefully we can get it to work in one of our future releases.
This has been reported under INT_Vera_UI_7VUI-3377 ? (Customer issue) GE 45600 is not working on UI7
And it should appear on the release notes if we manage to get it working in the future releases.
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes

Now I went back to UI5.xxx on my Vera 2 days ago and my GE 456000 and HA07 remotes work just fine again, so I am not going to Upgrade until MCV fixes the bugs in their new UI7.xxx
:frowning: