Firmware 7.25

Utter mess - lost all my device names, rooms and scenes.

Restore from backup seems to do nothing.

This time I really am going to buy a Fibaro :frowning:

Restore from backup even after a full reset doesn’t help - it puts my devices back, but still with the wrong types, no names, no rooms, no scenes, and the new firmware version.

Is there some way to really reset a VeraPlus?

[quote=“rge, post:22, topic:198277”]Restore from backup even after a full reset doesn’t help - it puts my devices back, but still with the wrong types, no names, no rooms, no scenes, and the new firmware version.

Is there some way to really reset a VeraPlus?[/quote]

At the bottom of the page for “backups” there is an option to “reset to default”

OR.

With the VeraPlus fully booted and plugged, locate the recessed reset button next to the Select and Sync buttons. Then take and paper clip and press the reset button 6 times within 6 seconds. This will trigger the factory reset process.

Thanks - I tried the first one, it basically deleted all my devices and data but made no difference to the firmware.

Does the physical one do anything different?

[quote=“rge, post:24, topic:198277”]Thanks - I tried the first one, it basically deleted all my devices and data but made no difference to the firmware.

Does the physical one do anything different?[/quote]

Sounds like you need a download link for the firmware that works for you, install that version, then do a restore from backup.

Edit: I don’t know if the physical reset does anything different but I believe the vera will effort to install the latest firmware after being reset.

Thanks - probably the firmware isn’t really the issue, it’s the fact that it trashed everything else and I don’t think firmware will fix that. I can put my scenes back, and reinstall DataMine, but it also changed all the device IDs which is beyond annoying.

Surprisingly, it just (two hours later) realised that one of my devices is a Smoke Detector and not a “Generic IO” device… maybe when stuff reports in.

Do I have the patience to wait though.

By itself. So , both childs are now working normally. But were renamed and the parent recieved the “old” name.

Cor

I see, thank you. will wait till weekend and then see how the general mood is.

[quote=“rge, post:26, topic:198277”]Thanks - probably the firmware isn’t really the issue, it’s the fact that it trashed everything else and I don’t think firmware will fix that. I can put my scenes back, and reinstall DataMine, but it also changed all the device IDs which is beyond annoying.

Surprisingly, it just (two hours later) realised that one of my devices is a Smoke Detector and not a “Generic IO” device… maybe when stuff reports in.

Do I have the patience to wait though.[/quote]

Wouldn’t a fresh install of firmware back to factory, followed by installation of a backup bring you back to the desired state, device ID’s, Plugins and all?

It didn’t seem to - the firmware was not reverting.

I’ve basically rebuilt the whole thing now, only remaining step is to put my datamine history back.

[quote=“rge, post:30, topic:198277”]It didn’t seem to - the firmware was not reverting.

I’ve basically rebuilt the whole thing now, only remaining step is to put my datamine history back.[/quote]

How many devices and scenes do you have? It would take me a month of Sundays to rebuild mine.

Damn. I do have both. What problems did you have?

[quote=“rge, post:30, topic:198277”]It didn’t seem to - the firmware was not reverting.

I’ve basically rebuilt the whole thing now, only remaining step is to put my datamine history back.[/quote]

Something seems odd. Perhaps your vera is a little scrambled. Only because I have done it multiple times with my edge, It should take. Like starting with a clean slate. Then shoot your backup from happier times on to the device.

Good luck.

[quote=“Sammy2, post:17, topic:198277”][quote=“Inzax, post:16, topic:198277”]@Sammy2

I did just that. It made sense that I would not have any issues. I have just had some nightmare experiences with upgrades that cost me hours to fix.[/quote]

Do you have Schlage Locks? If yes, to they report proper condition when manually locked?[/quote]

Sammy2, I did upgrade yesterday on my VeraPlus. Everything seems to be working. I do have a Schlage BE469NXCAM619 connected and it works fine. Can control via Vera and does indicate correct status when I manually lock and unlock.

Pushed the upgrade button… :o

VeraEdge now running 1.7.3500. Upgrade went without a hitch. All devices came through unscathed. Z-wave switches all show up in UI7 and function properly. Schlage locks still work. Chamberlain MyQ garage door openers work. Cameras still working properly. All plug-ins (alarm clock, virtual switches, timers, multistring, etc.) seem to be functioning properly.

I’ve been critical of MCV, but this upgrade was smooth, and - at least at the moment - appears to be solid. Kudos, MCV. :slight_smile:

Melsman

[quote=“melsman”]Pushed the upgrade button… :o

VeraEdge now running 1.7.3500. Upgrade went without a hitch. All devices came through unscathed. Z-wave switches all show up in UI7 and function properly. Schlage locks still work. Chamberlain MyQ garage door openers work. Cameras still working properly. All plug-ins (alarm clock, virtual switches, timers, multistring, etc.) seem to be functioning properly.

I’ve been critical of MCV, but this upgrade was smooth, and - at least at the moment - appears to be solid. Kudos, MCV. :slight_smile:

Melsman[/quote]Good news. Building confidence on pulling trigger on upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[quote=“kendad”][quote=“Sammy2, post:17, topic:198277”][quote=“Inzax, post:16, topic:198277”]@Sammy2

I did just that. It made sense that I would not have any issues. I have just had some nightmare experiences with upgrades that cost me hours to fix.[/quote]

Do you have Schlage Locks? If yes, to they report proper condition when manually locked?[/quote]

Sammy2, I did upgrade yesterday on my VeraPlus. Everything seems to be working. I do have a Schlage BE469NXCAM619 connected and it works fine. Can control via Vera and does indicate correct status when I manually lock and unlock.[/quote][quote=“melsman”]Pushed the upgrade button… :o

Melsman[/quote]Good news. Building confidence on pulling trigger on upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

^^^
Anyone using RFXCom with the new FW and able to report if it works?

I found a problem :frowning:

I have a script running every 10 minutes , wich write the temperature to a file , those files are written in the folder www\blueiris
That folder is gone. When I created the new folder , and I run the scene with the script , nothing happends… wonderfull >:(

Cor

[quote=“zedrally, post:38, topic:198277”]^^^
Anyone using RFXCom with the new FW and able to report if it works?[/quote]

Just finished upgrading and done some quick tests, all seems to be operating fine. Please note I had previously downgraded (from .3232) and also done the .js code changes around correcting the port issue so those code changes may also be needed.