Fire TV

Hello,

I currently have two purchased copies of ImperiHome running on dedicated tablets. Is it possible to purchase and run ImperiHome on my Amazon Fire TV?

[quote=“SJMarty, post:1, topic:188881”]Hello,

I currently have two purchased copies of ImperiHome running on dedicated tablets. Is it possible to purchase and run ImperiHome on my Amazon Fire TV?[/quote]

It’s not made for Fire TV and will not show up in the app store, now if you root the fire tv and sideload you may get it to work, but remote options are a pain from my experience.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:2, topic:188881”][quote=“SJMarty, post:1, topic:188881”]Hello,

I currently have two purchased copies of ImperiHome running on dedicated tablets. Is it possible to purchase and run ImperiHome on my Amazon Fire TV?[/quote]

It’s not made for Fire TV and will not show up in the app store, now if you root the fire tv and sideload you may get it to work, but remote options are a pain from my experience.[/quote]
In my searching, I thought I read that ImperiHome had a dependancy on Google Play Services. Certainly not going to find that on a Fire TV!

I have seen numerous topics on sideloading via a wireless ADB connection. I don’t have an issue rooting it if that will get this to work. There is a product that I use on my tablet for remote control via VNC. You can see it here. It’s not cheap but it has been pretty solid. I have not tried it yet but the developer says it works on the Fire TV.

Are there any future plans to offer ImperiHome in the Amazon App Store?

By remote I mean a mouse to navigate the screen. The arrows usually dont work on sideloaded apps as they are made to work with touch screen only. This usually means tablet apps that get ported over to a fire tv need a mouse type remote to move about the screen and click the objects.

Sideloaded apps don’t have icons that show up on the home page, it requires alot of mickey mouseing to get it to work. I personally an rooted and have a few extras on there to play with, but honestly the end result it crap and hard to use. I can use it but my wife would not figure it out.

I have several fire sticks and use Imperihome on several devices. I’m unsure why I would want Imperihome on my TV? I need a remote to work the tv and fire stick. I use a Harmony Home hub universal remote for this (which has buttons on it that turns on and off my lights). I would just hang a Tablet or dock a tablet in that room and call it a day.

Let me know what cool ideas you have in mint for it tho, I might be overlooking something.