Fibaro RGBW Connections

Hello,

How is everyone connecting their Fibaro RGBW controllers to their led strips? I understand the basic premise, but there are so many wire/connector options out there. If you are running the 12/24v into the controller how are you then running it to the led… wire nuts?

Also, did you just cut the end off of the AC to DC plug or did you buy one with wires already exposed?

Thanks for any advice.

I used RGBW extension tape wire soldered to the tape LED and the other end direct into the Fibaro. The DC power supply came with a 240v 3 pin plug which I cut off and fed from a z-wave switch. The 12V end had a socket which I also cut off and took direct to the Fibaro.
Now I turn on the z-wave switch to turn on the power supply, leave a 5 sec delay to let the Fibaro turn on and then turn on the LED tapes.

[quote=“Slartibartfast, post:2, topic:193983”]I used RGBW extension tape wire soldered to the tape LED and the other end direct into the Fibaro. The DC power supply came with a 240v 3 pin plug which I cut off and fed from a z-wave switch. The 12V end had a socket which I also cut off and took direct to the Fibaro.
Now I turn on the z-wave switch to turn on the power supply, leave a 5 sec delay to let the Fibaro turn on and then turn on the LED tapes.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Hi I connected the fibaro rgbw to led strip everything works fine, but after 10 minutes the lights goes off automatically and i guess there’s something wrong with the app , as its not normal for the light to go off without sending any commands, also when i press the on/off button in the app the light goes on again but after a minute it goes off…
Please help

I am using Vera Plus with the RGBW app and have no problems.

Just a thought, are you sure your power supply is man enough. The fact that it goes off after 10 minutes and then turns off shortly after turning on again each time sounds a little like you are overloading the power supply. It then cuts out and waits to be turned on again. (Just guessing).

Good thing i wasn’t taking a sip of coffee when i read that! LOL :smiley: