Fibaro Motion Sensor turning on Light during the day why?

Yeah I hear what you are saying.

I will see tonight when its dark what happens? If the lights will come back on whilst I am in the room and the motion sensor re-trigger after the initial walking in to the room.

Well the lights are turning on at “Night” lower than 10 LUX and the lights are NOT turning on during the day time now.

At night after the initial first trip lights come on, after the Parameter 6 timeout and if no movement is detected the lights turn off again (If I am sat still etc)

If I move again then the lights do come back on again / sensor re-trips etc.

However its not as fast as I would like there is some delay from me moving again to the sensor tripping again / lights turning back on again.

I have set Parameter 1 for sensitivity to the lowest value of 8.

And the Parameter 2 “Blind Time” formula I don’t understand that at all. I have set it to 0

The default value is 15 which somehow apparently is 8 seconds ?

This I think has made things a little bit quicker, but still its not as fast as I would like to re-trigger when new movement is happening.

And I think if I continue to move about in the room the lights just stay on, but I could be wrong about that, I really need to test it some more.

Are you using a scene or reactor?

C

Neither. this is all direct Z-Wave association between the motion sensor and a Dimmer 2 module.

I’m gonna step out then, sorry :frowning:
C

No worries. I’ll live with it as it’s configured now and see how I get on.

If it’s not working as well as I hoped? I’ll have to do it in PLEG instead.

Reason I wanted to set it up with direct association was faster speed.

Will have to see.

1 Like

I’ve done some more testing and that guy in the other thread what he said is right.

“You are saying to only monitor for motion during the night (param 8 ), but then set the day threshold to 10 lux (param 9) which is way too low. Your lights that are coming on put out way more than 10 lux. So you come into the dark room the motion fires, the lights come on raising the lux, which is higher than 10 lux signalling it is now day time, which disables the motion sensor, so no further motion is detected to keep the lights on”

My lights turn off after the time out of Parameter 6. It does not matter if I am jumping around in the room LOL, no matter what, after that time out expires the lights go out every time.

Parameter 6 says “Any motion detected during this period resets the timer.”

However this does not happen and the timer is not reset, to keep the lights on, if Parameter 8 is set to Night mode (value 2) and if Parameter 9 Night / Day is set to a lower LUX level, than what is the LUX level when your lights are turned on.

This seems like a terrible design by Fibaro, in dull daylight its going to be a lower LUX level than at night when your lights are turned on.

But even on dull daylight days, I don’t want the lights turned on if its say over 20 LUX.

Why didn’t they just have a single parameter that says if the LUX level falls below X then turn on the lights and that doesn’t disable the bloody motion sensor and it re-triggering LOL.

What Fibaro have done is linked the functions of parameters 8 and 9 together and one cancels out the other, its crazy.

I wonder if Aeotec are any better than this junk?

Reactor

C

^^^
He is already a PLEG User, simple enough to add a Day/Night Trigger to PLEG.

@cw-kid all devices with LUX will be like this, none are better than the other. some will be worse others worser, simple.
Personally, I believe that the more add-ons (features) that are present in devices the worse performance, simpler the better. 6-1 is asking for trouble if you are looking for a fast response time.
If you are intent on using LUX for this then roll your own with a Z-UNO, at least you won’t be shackled to other manufacturers FW.

I hear what your saying

But I shouldn’t have to write code. Direct association between two products, especially two from the same manufacturer should work you’d think.

I wanted to use direct association for speed it’s faster than going via the controller.

I can write code in PLEG logic engine and that is what I did for my old Neo CoolCam motion sensor and the Dimmer 2 module.

However it didn’t turn on the lights as quickly as I wanted, which is why I bought this Fibaro motion sensor for direct association, hoping things would be faster.

As the Neo CoolCam couldn’t be associated with the Fibaro Dimmer 2 as it was non secure.

Previously I had the Neo CoolCam directly associated to an old Duwi dimmer module, both devices were unsecure mode. That work very well for a long time with LUX level control, but I wanted to swap the Duwi module out for a Fibaro Dimmer 2 module, so I could put Led bulbs in the ceiling light fitting.

Unfortunately Vera doesn’t allow you to add devices in unsecure mode, which meant I couldn’t simple add the replacement Dimmer 2 unsecure and continue to use the rather good Neo CoolCam.

When it works direct association between a motion sensor and a dimmer is better.

I just need to find a decent Z-Wave motion sensor as the Fibaro is not it.

The Neo CoolCam motion sensor was very good, didn’t have stupid parameter settings like the Fibaro motion sensor clearly does.

The Neo CoolCam were sold as Z-Wave Plus, but when I included it to Vera it was not in secure mode.

Vera really need to allow devices to be added in unsecured mode if need be.

There must be one decent EU Z-Wave motion sensor for association and LUX level lighting control?

I’m even running the Fibaro motion sensor on 3v DC power from a USB lead using a DC to DC buck converter. So it’s got constant power and instant LUX reporting per 1 LUX change in Level.

It’s parameters 8 and 9 that are stupid.

Why have the PIR sensor disabled because your lights have turned on? and because the LUX sensor has then gone over the parameters 9 LUX level threshold? It doesn’t make any sense.

The Neo CoolCam just had one parameter that you set to X LUX level to define what is “Night”.

It didn’t disable the PIR when the lights came on and it would still retrigger upon constant movement to keep the lights on.

This meant I could have a low LUX level of 15 for what I wanted to be “Night”.

And the lights never came on during daylight either, even dull daylight.

The Fibaro out of the box simply cannot do this.

I wish the Neo CoolCam was added to Vera in secure mode and could then talk to a Fibaro Dimmer 2 directly via association.

See if you can find a Philio PST04 4 in 1 sensor.
But
I think it is all tied up with the Fibaro dimmer, perhaps changing that out would be a simpler solution?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.