Fibaro Door Sensor offline/online notifications

I’ve recently added a Fibaro door sensor to monitor the open/close state of my garage door but it seems to be behaving strangely. I use a Vera Secure hub.

Every time the door is opened I receive a notification that the sensor is online. Somewhere between an hour and 1 hr 15 mins later I then receive another notification saying the sensor is offline, with the timestamp at exactly one hour before the notification is received. In my devices it then shows the device offline until the next time it is triggered.

The purpose of the sensor is to let me know if the garage has been left open and this still seems to be working, it just seems like odd behaviour and I can’t work out why. Receiving two notifications every time the garage is opened is a little annoying too!

The battery level with a brand new battery also reports at 78% and has never changed, but I’m assuming this may because it is not a rechargeable unit and might not be relevant. The first battery I used only lasted a couple of weeks, but this may have been as it was a good few years past the expiry date.

If anyone can shed any light on whether this is normal behaviour for this sensor or whether it may be faulty that’d be great. Thanks

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2021 Ezlo Innovation, All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules